Sep

Sunday Preview: The Falcon and the D’Ohman

There are two crappy celebrity plots this week, so Dave had two images to properly splatter with blood:

zombiefalcon1

Most people don’t think of Kiefer Sutherland as the kind of comedic genius you have on over and over again.  Most people also don’t like Zombie Simpsons.

zombiefalcon2

And here’s the other guy for some reason.

From what I can tell, Homer gets kidnapped and Marge becomes a chef.  It’s gonna be a long season.

19 Responses to “Sunday Preview: The Falcon and the D’Ohman”

1. 25 September 2011 at 5:01 pm

Look at Homer’s eyes, how they’re still complete circles despite having raised lower lids. They look like Family Guy eyes, and that really bothers me.

2. 25 September 2011 at 6:07 pm

It’s another “Cross promotion” as K.Sutherland has a new show called “Touch” (or something) coming out soon on Fox.

3. 6 Snaked
    25 September 2011 at 7:23 pm

I was worried you guys weren’t going to desecrate this weeks promo or later ones, for that matter, but thankfully you did (although sadly you can never have enough blood in order to desecrate a promo for episodes of Zombie Simpsons).

4. 7 Patrick
    25 September 2011 at 8:06 pm

I needed to test a website out (can’t mention it) and during the so-called police song “parody” it turns out that Barney works at the nuclear plant now? :S

5. 25 September 2011 at 8:42 pm

This was the worst episode I’ve ever seen. Honestly. Im not exaggerating. I didn’t laugh once. I didn’t even smile. I didn’t even notice any jokes. It was just a humorless plot. At least open with an episode that revolves around the family or one of the regular Spiringfield residents. But to start with some random episode about a one off character we’ll never see again is just baffling. I’m actually shocked at how bad this was. I mean, this was the season premiere. Premieres and finales are supposed to be reserved for the best a show has to offer. So if this is what they deem to be the best they have to offer this year, magine the crap that’s still to come. As Im writing this, the Cleveland show is on in the background. Its only been on 5 minutes and I already got a chuckle out of it listening to Stewie ask if Clevelands been cancelled already. It may not be a great show, but at least I got a laugh out of it. It’s something. I got nothing from tonights Simpsons. Even for Zombie Simpsons this was awful.

6. 25 September 2011 at 8:58 pm

It sucked, but it had one funny moment–the awful CGI reenactment at Moe’s.

I’ve always found “primitive” CGI funny out of cutely awful it is. ( In contrast, Zombie Simpsons is more of the ‘depressing’ awful, that’s why it’s not funny.)

25 September 2011 at 10:29 pm

This show shouldn’t be called Zombie Simpsons anymore. Starting Season 23, it’s the Unsimpsons, as it now has absolutely nothing of the original show.

8. 12 John Hugar
    25 September 2011 at 10:47 pm

By Zombie standards it was decent. Obviously nowhere near classic, and worse than most Scully, but nothing too cringeworthy.

9. 25 September 2011 at 11:36 pm

I laughed at this, some funny bits, some parts that went on a little too long (the traning montage for one thing) but there was no plot to speak of. Whatever plot there was could be found bunched up in the back end of the show, like a rotten peanut. With padding on both ends. I thought that Top Chef bit was gonna go somewhere, but the show could’ve saved some time for its theme song by cutting it out entirely. Same goes for the Kim Jong Il musical at the end.

All in all, NOT the worst episode I’ve seen, that goes to the therapy ep from last season. And I NEVER say “Worst Episode Ever,” but that one was the only one out of 487 that made me feel bad for myself after seeing it. But this episode was just a jumbled mess of something. These days, the first few eps of the season are holdovers from the previous season, meaning that this was when the writers ran out of steam. Then the better ones show up halfway, then they lose steam again.

26 September 2011 at 11:00 am

I disagree completely, but of course this is my honest opinion.

The Top Chef thing isn’t a plot at all, it’s like a cutaway that doesn’t return for some reason. Oh and it’s not funny.

What else is not funny here:
      a) security guard thing, from the start – Lenny making bbq at his parking spot on Monday morning – yeah that’s funny. I must have no soul since I didn’t laugh.
      b) someone else drinkin with Homer at Moe’s – so fresh.
      c) someone else living at Homer’s for some reason – brand new material here!
      (I sure hope the sarcasm detector doesn’t blow up on me btw.)

As per the rest of the episode, if someone found the “Ukranian”-disguised Russian mafia bit funny (in 2011 they still can’t tell the fucking difference between Ukraine and Russia – pathetic), well then I can only say this: go do your homework kids. You don’t understand the CGI part anyway…

This, really – Worst episode ever. However I say it so often that I decided to go by another slogan: Least Simpsonic Simpsons Episode Ever.

10. 26 September 2011 at 1:59 am

The worst episode ever was the one where they completely rewrote Homer and Marge’s backstory by making Homer a 20 something grunge rocker in the mid 90’s. That episode will always be the worst of the worst. For me thats when the show jumped the shark from being past its prime to just downright insulting. That’s also when I stopped defending the show. I even stopped watching it for a while but it somehow found its way back into my routine. But tonights episode was the worst I’ve seen since the aforementioned grunge music one.

11. 16 Thrillho
    26 September 2011 at 10:45 am

I didn’t watch it because we had guests over and they spent the time watching Sunday Night Football. I have no regrets.

12. 17 A.BRA C.ADAVER
    26 September 2011 at 10:56 am

Intentionally-awful CGI moment was pretty funny, imo. The rest was sorta-hit or very very miss; the training sequence with the Kill Bill schoolgirl chick and whatnot was maybe the worst scene in Simpsons history. Gotta say, Family Guy and especially Cleveland Show were a lot worse, though. Shrug.

DELOCATED and WILFRED are pretty much the only funny things on television anymore. Check em out.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 438 other followers