Nov

Sunday Preview: “How Munched Is That Birdie In The Window?”

I hate shitty, two-bit, fame-whore Danica Patrick so much that I’m not even going to dignify this episode with commentary.  I’ll leave it at the description from our friends at Simpsons Channel:

Bart helps nurse an injured pigeon back to health. After Santa’s Little Helper eats the bird, Bart has a hard time coping with the loss. Worried that Bart needs some help getting over the loss, Marge and Homer take him to a therapy session with Dr. Thurston, who advises that the only cure for Bart’s blues is to give away the family dog, but when the Simpsons visit the pup’s new home, a shock causes them to rethink their decision.

13 Responses to “Sunday Preview: “How Munched Is That Birdie In The Window?””

1. 1 Daffy
    28 November 2010 at 6:55 pm

The name of this episode’s more suited to a Tweety and Sylvester cartoon.

2. 2 studentee
    28 November 2010 at 7:06 pm

every time i read one of these zombie simpsons blurbs i hear moe saying “oh god, no”

28 November 2010 at 7:12 pm

“Bart The Mother” – check
    “The Canine Mutiny” – check
    More than 10 seasons of interval – check
    2 crappy guest stars – check
    Jerkass Homer filler for the promo – check

Enjoy the show and don’t forget to take some weed before you do!

4. 28 November 2010 at 8:25 pm

fuck this terrible show

• 5 David Ronald
      28 November 2010 at 11:02 pm

I think if you are going to continue bashing The Simpsons, at least write a better synopsis than a two sentence blurb of fucktardeness.

5. 8 sVybDy
    29 November 2010 at 12:08 am

I wonder why Zombie Simpsons keeps ripping off plotlines from The Simpsons. There have to be at least three or four other great television shows they could steal ideas from…

6. 9 Ryan
    29 November 2010 at 12:17 am

Around season 15, it always interested me to see what new plotlines the show could come up with as the years went on. I don’t even have that anymore, since they’ve been reusing plotlines every episode this season.

7. 10 P. Piggly Hogswine
    29 November 2010 at 7:29 am

To rip off a line from the legendary Calculon, that episode sounds so terrible I think it gave me cancer.

8. 11 Franky TightLips
    29 November 2010 at 12:29 pm

Sometimes I think the writers are messing with us, purposely rewriting old episodes, becuase they know that we will notice and be angry about it.

Anyways, I actually thought Scene 1 was all right.
    Well, the part with Homer’s scary story was stupid, and the whole bit about establishing the fact that this was a carrier pigeon, but anyways.

Then I am glad, they didn’t make the whole story about Bart’s relationship with the pigeon, because then it would be like his relationships with the reptiles/elephant/horse. But what they showed was cute.

I also liked the bit where Marge drinks the smoothie, particularly Bart’s facial expressions.

And by this time, I was thinking – OK – this episode might be interesting. Let’s see where it goes.

And then SLH eats the bird. In one bite. WHT?
    And then it gets stupid with the funeral and the “Taps” lyrics and the therapist.

And then WTF: Bart strangles an ostrich to death? They actually show an 8-year-old strangle an ostrich to death, and he feels no remorse? And Marge doesn’t say anything? Remember what happened in Bart the Mother?

And the back story with Lisa hating pigeons. OK, fine, but how does it add to the story? It’s as if, the writers are saying, OK let’s add another layer to Lisa, but let’s make it negative.

I don’t mind that Lisa has negative qualities, but there should be some cohesiveness to it.

Crikes, this was bad.

I guess they could have made this worse by making Marge and Danica Patrick make out. Frankly, I’m surprised they didn’t.

And why have they made Principal Skinner such a loser? They could have done so much good with this character (like the time he beat up those Disney lawyers)

9. 12 Patrick
    29 November 2010 at 12:32 pm

This is for Charlie Sweatpants:

Read posts 2 and 7, I smell another Compare and Contrast here ;) and call it episode titles edition.

10. 13 Franky TightLips
    29 November 2010 at 12:34 pm

Oh yeah, and that Itchy and Scratchy?
    Even Bart didn’t find it funny

Anonymous on Homeronymus Bosch