Feb

Realty Bites3

“Time’s up, you may now undermine each other’s confidence.” – Test Proctor
“Yarr, I nailed that one about houseboats, did you?” – Captain McAllister

1. 1 Ryan
    4 February 2011 at 8:48 am

Test Proctor = Hollis Hurlbut from Lisa the Iconoclast?

• 2 Charlie Sweatpants
      4 February 2011 at 6:22 pm

I don’t think it’s supposed to be him, but you’re right that the character models are really similar.

4 February 2011 at 5:46 pm

I don’t know WHY this drives me so crazy, but it’s McCallister, not McAllister. I see it wrong more often than I see it right (looking at you, SNPP).

4 February 2011 at 5:46 pm

• 5 Charlie Sweatpants
      4 February 2011 at 6:15 pm

I usually defer to SNPP for spelling, so if they’re wrong I’m wrong. I don’t really care which way I spell it, but is there a discussion somewhere about why one is correct? Off the top of my head I can’t think of anywhere it appears on screen.

• 6 Anonymous
        4 February 2011 at 7:04 pm

The Simpsons: A Complete Guide to Our Favorite Family uses McCallister, and so does Wikipedia because it cites the book. Looks like some merchandise agrees, and so does TV Guide (scroll down to October 2000). But that’s an excellent question…has it been decided in something a little more canonical? I’m not sure.

Steamed Vaans on Quote of the Day