May

Sunday Preview: “The Ned-liest Catch”

At long last, we’re two hours away from the end of Season 22 of Zombie Simpsons with a miserably titled finale, “The Ned-liest Catch.” I don’t even know what that means. Is Ned some of crab? Is Ms. Krabappel some sort of captain? Does anyone care? Here’s the description from Simpsons Channel, in case you do:

Feeling guilty for getting Mrs. Krabappel suspended after one of his school pranks, Bart helps her escape detention, and Ned Flanders winds up saving her life in the process. When Edna and Ned start dating, he is surprised to learn she’s been with many of Springfield’s men, including Homer and Aerosmith drummer Joey Kramer (guest-voicing as himself).

Ned’s a good samaritan and Edna’s a slut. Oh and there’s a guest star. Whatever. Moving on.

14 Responses to “Sunday Preview: “The Ned-liest Catch””

1. 1 Mike Russo
    22 May 2011 at 6:14 pm

Oh, God. Fuck this show.

2. 2 Patrick
    22 May 2011 at 7:05 pm

Well I WONT be watching this trainwreck anytime soon and it’s been great seeing your take on a ‘beating-dead-horse-show’ this season, who knows what next season of The Sucksons will bring?

3. 3 Patrick
    22 May 2011 at 7:07 pm

WAIT what does it mean by Edna in detention wouldn’t she be at home or somewhere else during her suspension? :S

• 4 Joe C.
      22 May 2011 at 7:24 pm

No, I’m guessing Skinner and Chalmers run a detention center specifically for teachers.

Also, this plot seems vaguely familiar – oh, yeah. A similar thing already happened in “Bart Gets a Z” or whatever the hell its called. Plus, how can escaping from detention cause Edna’s life to be in danger?

4. 22 May 2011 at 8:59 pm

The only good aspects of this episode was stuff that wasn’t in it:

–No annoying guest stars.
    –No Homer get’s instantly good at whatever
    –No Homer and Marge Relationship crisis
    –No 4.5 minute couch gag.

However, on “Ned-liest’s” own, it was boring tuna. A solid 3/5 yawns.

(Ned repossessing the tumbleweed was the only enjoyable bit.)

5. 6 matthew
    22 May 2011 at 11:14 pm

For the first 25 minutes, I actually found this to be a surprisingly good season finale. I didn’t see any major faults in the Ned/Edna story. In fact it was a rare attempt at actual character development and continuity. For those reading this you may sense a BUT coming on. And here it is….

BUT then came the cliffhanger. WOW. What a f’n stupid idea. Was everyone aware that they were going to let fans vote on whether Ned and Edna stay together??? Because I didn’t.

They would have never pulled a stunt like this when the show was in it’s prime. I could see it if fans were voting for something like whether or not to have the The Springfield Atoms be relocated to Alburquerque, but to let fans decide the fate of the characters….aaah! Aaaaah!! I’m having a Frank Grimes moment right now. It’s insane! Insane I tell you! Insane!

There is no emoticon for how I am feeling right now.

Worst. Ending. Ever.

• 7 Sean
      22 May 2011 at 11:23 pm

“Are you being sarcastic, dude?”
      “I don’t even know anymore…”

Who Shot Mr. Burns, anyone?

• 8 matthew
        23 May 2011 at 9:30 am

Ooh, a sarcasm detector. That’s a real useful invention”

No. No sarcasm or hyperbole from me. I truly believe that was the worst ending I have ever seen. Oh well. It’s Zombie Simpsons. No one will even remember the episode a year from now.

Could you imagine them leaving it up to fans to vote for who shot Mr.Burns?
        I feel like the writers are telling us, “please write this show for us. We don’t know how to do it anymore.”

23 May 2011 at 2:21 am

I have to say that it was indeed a surprisingly good ZS episode. I’d even say it was a worthy finale.

Like usual, here is the shit:
    – Bart doing his hellraising. It was too obvious that the others waited on him to be caught by Edna. Zombie.
    – The whole teachers detention facility thing. Zombie. This also includes the fact Edna gets stuck on a fire escape ladder for some reason, and the falls for Flanders whooshing from nowhere, for some more reason.
    – Flanders finding out Edna is a slut. Well, she’s not really a slut, and the bit at Moe’s was surprisingly well (I’d even say it reached to me like the show did at least 5 years ago), but from there it’s all zombie. I’d prefer to have a scene where they actually get at it, and then Flanders gets sorta dumped or something.
    – This obviously isn’t a Who-shot-Mr.Burns class ep. It’s a one timer, the way I see it: they get together, then Flanders freaks out, then Edna does, and so they part ways. Making a Summer voting event just so the show can progress into the 23rd season out of this is simply… zombie.

Whatever I didn’t mention, except the stale jokes, is actually gold… for 2011.

7. 10 Jason
    23 May 2011 at 3:42 am

I haven’t seen this and will never see this but could someone explain how Edna could’ve been Homer since Homer and Marge were together out of high school and have been together ever since. We know Homer is easily distracted (Lurlene Lumpkin and Mindy Simmons) and that Homer and Ned are both partial to floosies from Vegas but how could Homer and Edna do it without creating problems in the Homer-Marge-Bart-Edna-Skinner dynamic?

• 11 Anonymous
      23 May 2011 at 6:16 am

Thankfully, the episode description is woefully inaccurate. Homer and Edna never have that sort of a relationship.

8. 12 Henry Jones Junior
    23 May 2011 at 7:55 am

A pretty good episodes! I enjoy it and I love the twist on the end! Great to see some chages in characters lifes…

9. 13 Joe C.
    23 May 2011 at 9:04 pm

Boy, oh boy. Talk about vomiting on a pile of shit.

– Did they just skip the couch gag entirely? I think that’s the second or third time this season they did that. Talk about lazy.

– Bart is such a nasty little fucker now, isn’t he?

– Bart almost kills the kids in gym class, yet Edna is the one who gets scolded?

– Yak yak yak between Chalmers and Edna…nothing is funny nor does anything really happen.

– Deus ex machina: the laziest plot device known to man.

– Most boring date ever. Why the fuck would you talk about Homer and Bart on your date?

– Hooray for another useless montage.

– The line about Doctor Stork was minimally funny.

– I want to kill Zombie Homer and Zombie Bart.

– WTF is Joey Kramer doing in Springfield alone? Guess he forgot to leave after “Flaming Moe’s” aired.

– I can’t believe they actually referenced “Who Shot Mr. Burns?” at the end. Comparing that episode to any ZS episode should be abolished. Although, casting votes is a bit like “WSMB?”, except that nobody wins and nobody cares.

Enough of my ranting. After determining that last week’s episode was somewhat decent for ZS standards, I had to come right back and be critical of this particularly awful episode.

10. 14 kokairu
    24 May 2011 at 4:20 am

I’m just amazed they were able to fill the episode and not rely on an extended opening. I would’ve taken it over the ending though, that made me cringe through and through.

Nick R on Quote of the Day