Oct

Zombies Never Die

“Chapter Eight, let’s talk zombies.  If a zombie bites you, you become a zombie.  You must walk the Earth feeding on the brains of the living until the spell is broken.” – Bart Simpson

It’s official, Zombie Simpsons lives to bore another day.  James L. Brooks just tweeted it (via):

Death, Taxes and Zombie Simpsons

That’ll take it through Season 25, or at least the spring of 2014.  Neither side is likely to release any detailed figures but, as with every other time they’ve gone through this goofy public fit, mutual financial benefit won the day.  I’ll do a more informative update when there’s some actual hard information.  Until then I would just like to point out the irony that this site, which wants to see the show taken off the air, was one of the few all week that never thought it was going to happen.  Oh well.

17 Responses to “Zombies Never Die”

1. 1 J.S.
    7 October 2011 at 9:08 pm

Jim Brooks spelled “apropos” wrong.

2. 8 Chrissy
    7 October 2011 at 9:17 pm

I have been watching the show since the very beginning…and I was only six years old then. I will be 28 this month. PLEASE end the show already! It is so depressing watching nowadays. The episodes are either really bad or really boring…or both.

• 7 October 2011 at 10:49 pm

Something I’ve always wondered was if anyone on this blog actually likes any Zombie Simpsons episodes. I can think of, like, 4 or 5 I can TOLERATE, in the past 12 years. I like the beginning of the one where Homer smokes pot (“a flock of crows is called a murder”)… up until the stupid puppet show, actually… and I like HOMR… and uh…………

Um.

3. 7 October 2011 at 10:44 pm

YAY! At least we’ll get 2+ more years of CRAZY NOISES! I swear to god, they’re more entertaining than the episodes themselves… that sounded like a non-compliment. But really… the only good thing to come out of Zombie Simpsons is this, and related, blogs. I think you’ve convinced a ton of people not to watch the show, and just to read your guys’ hilarious, honest, insightful, and intelligent rants on episodes. So, thank you.

…Let’s see.. I’d say something mean about James L. Brooks, but honestly.. Broadcast News, Terms of Endearment, As Good as It Gets, and one or two of his other films actually mean a lot to me. Shrug.

Zombies never die, they just smell worse…

4. 11 Chris
    8 October 2011 at 1:48 am

Apparently Jim Brooks enjoys seeing his pride and joy get run through the mud year in and year out. I have a feeling Sam Simon would agree with us. Can they at least bring in another show-runner other than Al Jean? Oakley and Weinstein were burnt out after only two seasons, and that guy’s been running it solo since season 13. He has to be half-assing it to do that, which explains a lot about the quality of the show.

5. 13 Chrissy
    8 October 2011 at 9:36 am

I have actually enjoyed the show all the way up to Season 17. It seems as if every episode of that season was Homer and Marge figthing. Watching the same two people argue gets VERY old VERY fast. I like some episodes after that such as Boys of Bummer and Eternal Moonshine but thigs REALLY went downhill the last few years.

• 8 October 2011 at 1:49 pm

Oh yeah, forgot ETERNAL MOONSHINE. I think conceptually it’s a cool episode, and that “aging of Homer” youtube parody clip actually is really cool, the whole thing just ended on a sournote. I will say I like PARTS of a lot of episodes up to about 17/18-ish, but like you said, the last few years have just been dismal beyond belief.

• 9 October 2011 at 5:17 pm

I should admit that I enjoyed “Eternal Moonshine” and “The Debarted”. And also the always-hated “That 90s Show”. That makes 3 episodes, in the last twelve seasons. And they’re good by Zombie Simpsons standards, but smell like horsepoo when compared to anything from a single-digit season.

8 October 2011 at 11:24 am

Look on the bright side, guys. The World might end next year =)