May

Bart the Murderer13

“I see wedding bells for Vanna White and Teddy Kennedy.” – Princess Opal
“Please, Princess Opal, if we could just stick to Principal Skinner.” – Chief Wiggum
“Chief Wiggum, I am merely a conduit for the spirits.  Ah!  Willie Nelson will astound his fans by swimming the English Channel.” – Princess Opal
“Really, Willie Nelson?” – Chief Wiggum

Happy birthday Jo Ann Harris!

1. 1 Joethefish
    27 May 2012 at 8:01 am

“I see nothing here. But I’m afraid it’s splitsville for Delta Burke and Major Dad.” – Princess Opal
    “But they seem so happy.” – Chief Wiggum

2. 2 KMD
    27 May 2012 at 3:51 pm

Great read. I love season 2 so much… Season 1 was maybe a little rocky, but I think season 2 was where they really started to come into their own.

I’m really sick of reading people commenting on the “golden years” of the Simpsons saying “Oh just watch seasons 3-9” and leaving 2 completely out. This is the season where Homer falls down the fucking gorge, one of the most iconic scenes in the entire show; how can you just forget it?

Karl will always be my favourite one-off character in the show, and I’m so happy they never brought him back.

• 3 KMD
      27 May 2012 at 3:53 pm

And I just realised I posted this in the wrong post… Well, that’s what happens when you don’t pay attention I guess.

3. 28 May 2012 at 8:46 am

You know, I’ve been watching this show my whole life and I never really figured out why Wiggum went from black hair to blue hair. Not that it really matters — it’s not like Smithers going from black to, uh, yellow — but has it ever really been commented on?

• 5 D.N.
      28 May 2012 at 7:03 pm

Wiggum started off with black hair, then went to blue hair, which was standard except for the odd episode here and there. He went back to black hair in “Bart the Murderer” in season 2, and, if memory serves, he had black hair again in “The Springfield Connection,” in season 6. There could be more. Maybe it’s to do with different animation studios working on those particular episodes?

I guess the reason for the colour change is just that the guys behind the show decided what looked better. Like how Moe started off with black hair and a pink apron before changing to grey and blue, and how Barney started off with yellow hair. Smithers, I think, went through the most changes, going with blue hair and black skin, to blue hair and yellow skin, to brown/grey hair and yellow skin.

• 28 May 2012 at 9:16 pm

Maybe they decided they needed more blue-haired characters besides the Van Houtens.

Anonymous on Homeronymus Bosch