Jul

The Call of the Simpsons6

“I’d like to see your finest RV.  Do you have something that’s better than the Land Behemoth?” – Homer Simpson
“Yes, we do.  That would be the Ultimate Behemoth.” – Cowboy Bob
“Where is it?” – Homer Simpson
“You are standing in its presence.  Behold!  Isn’t she, look at this thing, this is, can you, man built this.  It’s a vehicle.” – Cowboy Bob

Happy birthday Albert Brooks!

1. 1 Joethefish
    23 July 2012 at 2:52 am

Ah, season 1. How I have neglected you lately.
    (I need to re-watch this season soon)

• 23 July 2012 at 10:22 pm

Jeff fucking Gordon.

Bottom of the fucking barrel… below the bottom. Jesus.

• 4 Charlie Sweatpants
        24 July 2012 at 5:06 pm

Yeah, I don’t even want to look.

(By the way, a couple of your recent comments have gotten stuck in the spam filter, I think because you had your full e-mail address as your user name. I’ve edited it out of the comments you’ve made, but in the future, use something without an @ in the user name and it shouldn’t get caught.)

• 5 Thrillho
      25 July 2012 at 11:14 am

Let’s see:

Zooey Deschanel: They neglect to mention the fact that she’s returning in an episode with all of Bart’s past love interests (Well, not ALL, just the ones since Season 15.) Given just how friggin’ memorable those characters were, you can probably guess how I’m feeling about that one.

Steve Carell: I like him, but it will most likely be a tertiary role where he doesn’t have anything funny to say.

Patton Oswalt: See Steve Carell.

Jennifer Tilly: Oh joy.

Marvin Hamlish: Don’t know off the top of my head.

Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein: I love Portlandia and I’d probably check this one out just for them, but I have a feeling the episode will suck.

Jeff Gordon: Sorry, this show has not had any luck with sports figures since Homer at the Bat.

Anika Noni Rose: I don’t even know who that is. Private Practice? Could care less.

OK, some of those are better than expected, but even the most talented of actors can’t redeem the worst material, as we’ve seen in the past few seasons. Meanwhile, Bob’s Burgers seems to have picked up some even better guest stars. Have I been watching the wrong show on Sundays?

2. 23 July 2012 at 10:18 pm

Man, Albert Brooks is god. Broadcast News, Real Life, Taxi Driver… his roles are always classic… he’s a great director, writer, actor, VOICE actor… truly a hero.

3. 9 ecco6t9
    25 July 2012 at 7:52 pm

Is Zooey the same as Zoey from that Disney show?

In all seriousness I mix her up with that chick from “The B in Apartment 23” and those chicks in “2 Broke Girls”.