Oct

Bonus Quote of the Day

What Pressure

“Homer, what’s wrong?” – Marge Simpson
“That doll tried to kill me.” – Homer Simpson
“I’d say that the pressure’s finally gotten to Dad, but, what pressure?” – Bart Simpson

Happy birthday Dan Castellaneta!

7 Responses to “Bonus Quote of the Day”

1. 1 Mr. Incognito
    29 October 2012 at 3:00 pm

One of my favorite Halloween scenes. I love the whimper in Homer’s voice, and the lead-up was great, too:

Doll: “I’m Krusty the Klown and I don’t like you.”
    Homer: (Chuckles)
    Doll: “I’m Krusty the Klown and I’m going to KILL you.”
    Homer: (Chuckles again). “Didn’t even pull the string that time.”
    Doll: “I said I’m going to kill you. YOU. Homer Simpson.”
    Homer: “Oh yea,” (tosses doll off the couch) “with what?”

That is Homer to a tee right there. He doesn’t even realize (or believe) that his life is in danger until he sees the knife.

2. 2 Bartist
    29 October 2012 at 5:28 pm

Great segment. I never understood why Homer said the toaster was laughing at him though.

• 3 Shane
      30 October 2012 at 1:55 am

To make what he’s saying seem even less plausible to the rest of the family. Its a nice touch.

• 4 Charlie Sweatpants
        30 October 2012 at 10:06 am

I always thought it was a nice piece of nonsense, though I’ve never been able to shake the way Castellaneta temporarily sounds like Rick Moranis when he says it.

• 30 October 2012 at 9:09 pm

I noticed that too…. I wonder if it has something to do with a movie reference such as Ghostbusters, Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Little Shop of Horrors or another movie? Odd.

• 6 Mourning Glory
            31 October 2012 at 4:35 am

Well, in Ghostbusters 2, they got a toaster to dance with the pink slime. Might be a stretch as a reference, but you never know. Just a funny bit of nonsense, IMO.

3. 7 D.N.
    30 October 2012 at 6:44 pm

I’ve always loved how the doll’s teeth become pointed when he’s threatening/attacking Homer, but remain rounded the rest of the time.

Matt on Quote of the Day