Nov

Sunday Preview: Adventures in Baby-Getting

Image

After a few weeks of relief thanks to MLB, Zombie Simpsons is back with the 3rd episode of the season.

When Marge’s car falls into a sink hole, she buys the perfect replacement to fit her family of five. But she quickly grows to hate it because, as she tells a shocked Homer, the car would be too small if she wanted to have another baby.  Meanwhile, Bart and his friends are determined to find out what secret Lisa is keeping when Bart finds her cryptic messages and follows her sneaking off downtown for covert meetings after school.

So I guess Homer will somehow pull out more hair, and Bart will team up with every familiar child at Springfield Elementary.  That also means we’ll probably get to see Chalmers tonight too.

30 Responses to “Sunday Preview: Adventures in Baby-Getting”

1. 1 AManFromDeclan
    4 November 2012 at 9:47 pm

Once the main plot family kicked in, “Uh oh, an expy of the BS American Dad episode “Iced, Iced Babies”” came to my mind, with much distain.

As I watch the Simpsons Couch Gag Contest commercial, I think: Instead of having people write their own couch gags, they should have people write episodes instead. And in should be sponsored worldwide and on this site! That way, the true war between the jerk Fox writers, one cynicism, true writers, and the wrath of disgruntled fans everywhere can truly begin!

As the show comes back on, Marge is as dimwitted and naive as ever!

But at least I know why RALPH (and not Martin) was included in quartet of boys. But still, instead of going by Lisa’s past romantic links (one-sided or mutual), Bart should just stuck with the same team from “Bart on the Road”. Martin’s smarts would have been a big help, instead of Ralph and his absentmindedness.

It’s interesting that Skinner cares about Lisa’s 159, but forgets. And the same crappy school budget. In addition, Lisa needs to lose that snarker/snippy attitude of hers.

Marge is a total bitch! She did not have to throw glass and other crap at Homer, for not wanting his life to be even more complicated. I cannot for the life of me stand her! Why doesn’t Homer just bold up and stand up to her. Peter Griffin never would’ve been defeated like that. He would’ve gotten even in a wild comical way. Homer on the other hand just takes it mopes around like a sad blunt gorilla.

NO ONE SHOULD BE FORCED UNDER DURESS TO HAVE CHILDREN IF THEY DON’T WANT THEM. And while stem-cell research is immoral, people should still have the right to get abortions, just not majorly enforced, since many females, pedophiles, and religious affiliates will go ape-sh** at the mention on the word “go”.

MARGE IS GETTING EVER MORE SELFISH! SHE DOESN’T CARE ABOUT HOMER AT ALL, AS LONG AS SHE GETS WHAT SHE WANTS! I WANT TO DECK HER AND SHRED THAT OBNOXIOUS BLUE HAIR DOWN TO NOTHING!

AND IF IT CAN GET ANY WORSE, this is only the beginning. For three weeks known so far, all the episode plots
    will be Homer and Marge-based, while the B-plots are Lisa-based. And they’re not very good ones.

Season 24 is off to a nasty start and I may stop watching the entire series all together. Well it looks like The Simpson series is official dead. Now the main six voice actors need to die, or at least one or two of them, enough to drive them into seclusion, like the Muppets when Disney bought them.

2. 2 AManFromDeclan
    4 November 2012 at 9:56 pm

Please delete the previous post:

As I watch the episode, I realized that Marge’s constant nagging and complaining is extremely annoying. Someone kill Julie Kavner, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! It seems that the Simpsons characters are as jerky as ever.

Once the main plot family kicked in, “Uh oh, an expy of the BS American Dad episode “Iced, Iced Babies”” came to my mind, with much distain (and disgust).

As the show comes back on, Marge is as dimwitted and naive as ever!

It’s interesting that Skinner cares about Lisa’s 159 IQ, but forgets Martin’s 216 IQ, Allison Taylor, and The Superfriends (Database, Cosine, Ham, E-Mail, and Report Card). And the same crappy school budget excuse. In addition, Lisa needs to lose that snarker/snippy attitude of hers.

It’s episodes with plots like these that they need to stop being written indefinitely, before we lose the respect that we DO have for the Simpson children, since it’s through the lens of Homer and his anguish. I mean, haven’t they done this enough!? What are trying to force on people!? What propaganda are they trying to promote!? “Obey your shrill moody wife and have more and more children, whether you like it or not”?

Season 24 is off to a nasty start and I may stop watching the entire series all together. Well it looks like The Simpson series is official dead. Now the main six voice actors need to die, or at least one or two of them, enough to drive the series into seclusion, like the Muppets when Disney bought them.

• 3 Anonymous
      4 November 2012 at 10:23 pm

What am I reading? It’s like some sort of fever dream.

• 4 AManFromDeclan
        4 November 2012 at 11:50 pm

I can assure you, this is no dream. It is the cold reality of watching a BS episode, Anonymous. And I for one am. Standing. My. Ground. Period.

• 5 November 2012 at 1:36 pm

Stem Cell Research is humanity’s only and best hope of curing horrible diseases that claim the lives of millions of human beings every year, sometimes very painfully and slowly, such as type 1 diabetes, which shuts down the kidney’s, eyesight, causes heart problems, and many other ailments as well as curing cancer, lupus, and many, many other horrible diseases. A Catholic and very Intellectual Biochemist I know does in fact support it. This type of silly, nonsensical, evil, stupid, ignorant thinking that belongs in the dark ages has to stop. You have to think of what’s best for humanity, for those who are already suffering and who have a consciousness, not an undeveloped cell that is not human yet. Nice rant btw.

p.s. The Human Birth Cycle is in fact a form of accelerated Evolution taking place.

• 6 AManFromDeclan
        5 November 2012 at 3:43 pm

You wanna know my real opinion? I am indifferent towards stem cell research. I just do not for the life of me want to be forced to have children. Now back to the episode.

• 7 Monty Python Forever
        5 November 2012 at 4:00 pm

Correct, and I know someone who had cancer and received treatment which was much more pleasant, and with fewer side effects than chemotherapy using stem cells.

5 November 2012 at 8:16 pm

Dude……. whatever you’re on…. Just don’t do this again.

• 12 AManFromDeclan
        6 November 2012 at 10:36 am

1. I’m not on anything.
        2. I WILL do “it” again, if I watch another horrible episode.
        3. No one is forcing you to read this.

3. 13 ecco6t9
    5 November 2012 at 2:37 am

How come the car looks like a brand new 1982 model and not some well worn 1982 car?

4. 14 abra cadaver
    5 November 2012 at 3:16 am

Until the first plot ended and the next, uh, plots, began (very weird random pacing in this episode, of course — there’s like 5 or 6 separate plots but they just kinda begin, do a thing, and then it’s on to something else entirely… yes, a lot of zombie episodes are bad about this but THIS episode — holy!), I didn’t think this was too bad. So, like, the first 5 minutes. The sequence where the water traveled was actually really well-done.

But yeah. Otherwise, another worthless episode. The tons-of-Homer-babies was creepy and bad. ITCHY AND SCRATCHY THE MOVIE 3D — didn’t they already do that joke like 2 seasons back! All the stuff about babies and retrieving old sperm was just creepy and bad.

Mayor Quimby sounds awful. What the fuck.

Also, why was the mechanic not Rafael? He SORTA sounded like him but … yeah.

5. 15 Robert
    5 November 2012 at 4:14 am

I liked the scene in Lisa’s bedroom and ‘the pocket wants what it wants’.

6. 16 Mourning Glory
    5 November 2012 at 5:04 am

AManFromDeclan, what the hell was that?

“Someone kill Julie Kavner, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!”

Easy there, tough guy. Even if any of the original voice actors did die, that doesn’t automatically solve anything. Remember how they disrespectfully brought back Lunch Lady Doris? And it’s important to differentiate between Marge and ZombieMarge.

“And while stem-cell research is immoral, people should still have the right to get abortions, just not majorly enforced, since many females, pedophiles, and religious affiliates will go ape-sh** at the mention on the word “go”.”

Stem-cell research is immoral how? And why the hell are “pedophiles” in that list and why should we care what they think?

“Season 24 is off to a nasty start and I may stop watching the entire series all together.”

If you’re still watching the series up to season 24, there’s already no hope for you. And whatever you’re on, cut the dose.

• 17 AManFromDeclan
      5 November 2012 at 4:15 pm

In terms of hope, the only thing the episodes are good for are screenshots for design purposes. But at this point, even THAT is worth it anymore. I would have to get pure original and draw FROM SCRATCH (Even though that’s not the style of my art pieces, since I work with pixels and sprites (MS Paint))

And as for “what I’m on”, this site already pans the current episodes as it is. I’m just putting in my two cents, like everyone else. And I’m not putting anyone down either. This series and its fans are infamous for attacking people, in-universe and among the crew vs the viewers. I’m not trying to get into some forum-thread-style argument. I made it a point to stay FAR away from those, especially with this series.

Take the ending of the 500th episode for example (with I saw screenshots of in War of the Simpsons (site) and refuse to actually watch.

Judging by how people b*tch and get defensive about stem-cell research, I can only assume that its pure wrong {“those poor embryos”). I’m neither for it or against it. As for pedophiles, of course they’re going to complain. No kiddy means no touchy.

• 18 Monty Python Forever
        5 November 2012 at 4:32 pm

People are idiots, they assume that anything that violates their often-nonsensical belief systems is automatically evil. They complain about health care, evolutionary fact, atheism, charity, taxes, technology, and everything else that is vital to a functional society. Cloning, stem cells, health care, gay and Black rights, foreign relationships and technological advancements are essential to evolution, regardless of what stupid White assholes say.

• 5 November 2012 at 6:59 pm

Well said MPF and as a White Male who is a member of The Christian Left, azspot, Catholic liberal, Obama supporter and Democrat, I approve your message. Also, The Constitution, it appears, has not been read by the anti-tax crowd. You also remind me of Joe F., a U.S. Army Chaplain friend that is a well educated intellectual who says their is nothing wrong with stem cells, being an atheist or evolution.

• 20 RaikoLives
        5 November 2012 at 7:32 pm

Uh…

“…you must have actually SEEN the episode to comment, which means you saw part of season 24”

So, since you REFUSE to actually watch episode 500, does that man you can’t comment on it?

Also…

“…which means you saw part of season 24, which means that you’ve been watching up to now as well.”

Does THAT mean, since you haven’t watched Episode 500, that you haven’t been watching up till then? I’m horrified by your vast gaps in logic and find it hard to take anything else you say seriously. Even if you’re just trolling, as is the fashion these days, it’s a wild and incoherent troll at best. I don’t think the Simpsons writers are pushing an agenda. I think they’re trying to be funny. It could be said that they’re not trying very hard, or perhaps that they should be trying to NOT try so hard, but that’s not something I can accurately comment on since I haven’t sat in the writers room while they’re doing their “thang”.

I do, however, AMan, promise never to force you to have more children.

• 21 AManFromDeclan
          6 November 2012 at 12:51 am

I’m not trolling at all. I only posted my thoughts instead of keeping them bottled up. I have standards. Oh and yeah, the writers and producers are relentless at best. “Get some fresh air before going on the internet and saying how much this sucked”. The very highlight of smug. If they can get away with that much then I wonder what they will do when someone hands them some really cynical episode ideas. And apparently, there’s no such thing as an irrelevant idea, since this is Springfield, and anything can happen in that town. So let them try:

– THOH
          –Helen Lovejoy resurrects all of the deceased Simpson family members who have died in the series and controls them like cadaver puppets to kill the Simpson family.
          –Nag Wife Stuck in the Internet: Marge gets trapped in Newgrounds.com. Brief Cameo: Beavis & Butt-head
          –Bite My Shiny Metal (D’oh): Homer meets Bender and Zoidberg, who fused together and become their own composite Homer.

-After getting completely fed up with Marge’s bossy attitude, Homer, Bart, and Lisa form an alliance and decide walk out on her.

-Homer eggs on Rev. Lovejoy to play him in a poker game. After Lovejoy loses the game and the bet he made to Homer, he has to sell his wife to the circus, and tries to get her back.

-After a massive argument and brawl with Manjula, Apu vows never to return to Springfield, and travels to Sri Lanka. Maggie accidentally crawls into his knapsack and joins him.

-Abe Simpson joins the Foreign Legion

-A mysterious letter brings back many childhood flashbacks for Ms. Hoover, and Lisa tries to figure out what is going on.

-Finally fed up with mother’s irritability, Skinner moves out and has his mother put in the Springfield Retirement Castle.

-After accidentally swallowing Prof. Frink’s intelligence formula, Ralph’s IQ increasingly doubles, up to the point where he grows mad with power and takes over the school.

-Flanders hits his head and thinks he’s Smithers

-After Judge Harm is framed for a crime that she didn’t commit, Lisa agrees to help her clear her name, but only if she agrees to change her ways.

• 24 Mourning Glory
        6 November 2012 at 4:20 am

“If this if the site to let loose, then I WILL put mine (my vents) in. Mad Jon does it, Sweatpants does it.”

That’s because they’re part of the official site “staff” here, so far as I can tell. You’re free to comment, but that doesn’t give you a free pass to go on an insane ranting rampage, either.

“Oh, and those of you who are commenting, you must have actually SEEN the episode to comment, which means you saw part of season 24, which means that you’ve been watching up to now as well.”

Actually, no. I got sick of the show early on, after about season 11 or 12, it was all I could take. I’ve sworn off Zombie Simpsons for good. I know what’s going on by coming to sites like these and reading about the episodes, or accidentally catching some of it when someone else is watching it on TV. I’m not missing anything good. Now, you COULD say it’s hypocritical to complain about a show one doesn’t watch, but I’ve already had enough of Zombie Simpsons to know the difference, there’s no need to lose precious braincells watching more of it. You don’t need to step in crap to know it stinks.

7. 25 Monty Python Forever
    5 November 2012 at 4:34 pm

“Are these people getting dumber or just louder?” “Dumber, sir: They won’t give up the bear patrol, but they also won’t pay taxes on it.”

• 26 RaikoLives
      5 November 2012 at 6:30 pm

You’re my hero, MPF. I can say nothing, do nothing, which better sums up how I feel after reading… whatever the hell that was… than that particular quote. I haven’t seen the new episode, but I would bet it made more sense that… that.

8. 27 Bartist
    5 November 2012 at 5:57 pm

“Bart will team up with every familiar child at Springfield Elementary. That also means we’ll probably get to see Chalmers tonight too.”

lol, I bet Chalmers was actually in the episode.

5 November 2012 at 8:14 pm

Ummm ‘kay, that was probably the best episode of the season so far. Definitely something I wouldn’t consider a total waste of time, though the Obama vs. Romney crap at the beginning was just too obvious of a promotion, like when people try to fit into their conversations a subject no one asked them to talk about.

But anyhoo, I liked how this one had at least three ideas recycled from stuff we didn’t see in a while: 1) Marge getting a new car (though I’d have expected it to break at the end like her Canyonero did, just for the sake of status quo), Marge wanting another baby, and Homer trying to be a good husband/hiding something from Marge. It did have a shitload of filler like weird tourist places along the road, or clear Titanic 3D rip-off the writers tried to make a joke about (and, uh, failed), and the b-plot was just a pile of bullcrap nonsense sewn together, but like I said, it wasn’t all that bad.

Gotta hand it to them for two jokes, one about pearl necklaces and semen, and another one about the pocket were kinda funny, but like in general, they still don’t account for the amount of dumbness they put in today. In all I’m pretty convinced that next week they’ll still come up with unexcuseable vomit for an episode and then another, and another, until maybe some good one next year, and that will be it. So…. yeah.

Oh, and for a change, there was no fucking Chalmers in that episode.

• 29 abra cadaver
        6 November 2012 at 3:51 am

See, the thing is, Bill Odenkirk is not a bad writer at all. But NO WRITER’S SCRIPT CAN TRANSLATE WELL INTO A ZOMBIE SIMPSONS EPISODE. Fire Jean and all the people who actually “assemble” these episodes and start fresh. That might be alright.

6 November 2012 at 8:31 am

Yeah, and while at it, don’t call it “The Simpsons” anymore. Call it… “The Flintstones”! *wink-wink*

Boourns on Quote of the Day