Dec

Sunday Preview: To Cur, With Love

promo-tocur

When a fire at the retirement home forces Grampa to move back in with the Simpsons, Homer throws out his back on moving day. While “resting” at home, he gets hooked on the super-addictive tablet game, “Villageville.” And, in his distraction, he loses the family dog, Santa’s Little Helper. Everyone is angry with Homer for not seeming to care about the missing dog, but Grampa tells them the story of Homer’s long-lost childhood pup, Bongo.

I am curious if Santa’s Little Helper runs away, or if a laid-up Homer actually finds a way to “lose” him from the couch.  I know it is a relatively un-important distinction, but to me it’s an indicator about the level of insanity to which I will admit this show is capable of going.

17 Responses to “Sunday Preview: To Cur, With Love”

1. 16 December 2012 at 5:01 pm

“Villageville.”
    Goddammit.

16 December 2012 at 6:31 pm

I bet they’ll make a ref or two to “Roasting on an Open Fire” in this one, but they’ll suck, as usual.
    Also, I wish they could conclude with this ep in case they do make references, but a zombie can’t die, can it. It’s already dead.

3. 3 Mourning Glory
    16 December 2012 at 7:22 pm

You can tell just from the picture it’s going to be another one of those obnoxious “Jerkass Homer” episodes.

There’s a line from Classic Simpsons I’d like to send to Zombie Simpsons: “Every word you say just makes me want to punch you in the face!”

4. 4 Zartok-35
    16 December 2012 at 8:42 pm

Homer loses SLH while being on the couch.

5. 6 AManFromDeclan
    16 December 2012 at 11:11 pm

They made Bart sound like such a wimp (lack of a better term) in this episode. He used to be so badass in the early season. They ruined his character. Of course they’ve been doing this for a while, but this hits the nail on the Homer.

• 7 Anonymous
      16 December 2012 at 11:47 pm

Makes me almost happy this was preempted in Eastern Time.

17 December 2012 at 12:41 am

Second time I notice this week (first time was last). He’s gone to become another, weird version of Lisa.
      But there isn’t a character unchanged now, even ones who don’t talk like Maggie are different.

17 December 2012 at 12:46 am

Ok, seriously, this episode sucked. Every time they now do a flashback it doesn’t make any sense because they go into the late 1960s and since their characters didn’t age it just looks plain dull. Like wtf happened to Wiggum? He looks just like he is now, yet Lou looks like he’s 10. And Herman… Actually the whole Herman thing was what they thought to be a nod to the recent shootings, with him going to a school/opening a gun shop. Fuck this is lame as a joke! American Dad had to cancel their ep because of similar shit…

Anyway, it’s ridiculously bad. Which means we’re still facing the reality of Zombie Simpsons.

7. 10 Frank
    17 December 2012 at 11:09 am

For the first time, I turned off the TV before the episode ended.
    After I saw Krusty performing at that children’s event, where Homer was a child.
    I mean, how old is Krusty anyway?

Also, Mona Simpson didn’t look or act like the Mona from previous episodes.
    Neither did Abe.
    Complete continuity fail.

• 11 Scorpio
      17 December 2012 at 11:45 am

Tbf, the classic era established that Krusty had been on the air for many decades.

Classic Krusty *shudders*

17 December 2012 at 1:30 pm

I agree with Frank in that it doesn’t make sense bcs there were several other eps in which Krusty was a young adult in the mid-70s. Here we’re supposed to be in like, 1969? And we see him also as he is now. Same with Wiggum. Same with Herman.

And then at the end, they show this park montage where all the characters meet, and it’s supposed to be a “sensible” moment. Except the whole story reeked like heck, did not portray or explain anything useful, and came to conclude on presumptions of well-being only if you take for granted everything they feed you with during the last 20 minutes.

The only ep even worse than this one I’ve ever seen was the one with Homer talking to a loaf of bread. GOD that was awful!!!

23 December 2012 at 9:16 pm

I simply could not watch it all of it tonight. On the bright side, CBG has inspired all of us to become like him. In a way…

9. 16 ecco6t9
    24 December 2012 at 2:35 am

I finally watched it, found the acting to be annoying. Usually I can put up with half assed writing and plots that make zero sense. But I get the feeling they woke up Dan and Nancy from sleep to record a few lines.

10. 24 December 2012 at 4:31 am

On a side note, why are there boxes marked “useless memories?” Seems odd and stupid. A bit retarded too.

Boourns on Quote of the Day