Jan

Sunday Preview: Homer Goes to Prep School

Not only did we forget to put up a preview post in time, but the venerable Simpsons Channel doesn’t have one either.  (I guess everybody’s falling apart these days.)  This and the above image are from Simpsons Wiki:

Homer joins the "Springfield Preppers," an off-the-grid survivalist group whose leader (guest voice Tom Waits) has set up a top-secret retreat outside of town to prepare for the end of the world. But Marge grows skeptical of the group’s alarmist shenanigans.

Ick.  Didn’t they do a survivalist camp last year?  Yeah, they did.  Oh well, here’s Tom Waits doing something that’s actually worthwhile:

10 Responses to “Sunday Preview: Homer Goes to Prep School”

1. 1 FireFlower
    7 January 2013 at 9:31 am

Apparently Herman dyes his hair pink.

7 January 2013 at 5:55 pm

They seem to put in a lot of Herman nowadays, and he is a pretty meaningless character by my standards.

• 9 January 2013 at 5:38 am

I love Herman!

Although he is pretty meaningless, he has a ton of potential. It’s all in the image.

9 January 2013 at 12:31 pm

What kind of potential? An instrument for jokes about one-handed people and mass shooters? If they want to lean Family Guy style then yes he’s a gold mine for these.

The fact that most sitcoms have adapted their characters for cheap one-time gags about losers, gays, fat people, skinny people, different people and whatnot, doesn’t excuse the once great show that was The Simpsons, which played a lot on emotions and feelings rather than prejudices, from doing the same lame shit.

And for me, personally, it never will.

2. 5 Richard
    7 January 2013 at 2:08 pm

I really enjoy Tom Waits’ music, and in the past he’s seemed to pick really cool acting roles. But when I heard he was going to appear in ZS, he lost face in my eyes.

3. 6 Al Gore Doll
    7 January 2013 at 3:50 pm

Didn’t Homer go on his own apocalyptic trip to a mesa at one time or another?

7 January 2013 at 5:51 pm

At least this one didn’t end with three-minute-long filler about Frink explaining some scientific shit about why nothing happened on December 21. After Burns’ venture into economy all is possible now.

5. 9 Sam
    7 January 2013 at 10:58 pm

Thanks for posting, Charlie Sweatpants! Normally, I never miss any part of FOX’s Animation Domination, but I had to work late at DISH last night and missed the whole block of shows. Thankfully, the PrimeTime Anytime feature I enabled on my DISH Hopper DVR records the whole prime time line up from FOX, ABC, CBS and NBC and stores those shows for up to 8 days. I just watched this episode, and I knew “Lloyd’s” voice from somewhere, but I just couldn’t put my finger on it. Now that I know it was Tom Waits, I am more than a little surprised at myself for not knowing that.

6. 10 abra cadaver
    8 January 2013 at 5:40 pm

Now I want to rewatch The Wire…

Anonymous on Homeronymus Bosch