Jan

Sunday Preview: The Changing of the Guardian

The-Simpsons-Season-24-Episode-11-Changing-of-the-Guardian-3

After surviving a tornado, Marge and Homer seek out guardians for the kids, in case the worst should happen. They first turn to friends and family, including Homer’s half-brother, Herb Powell with whom to entrust their kids, but when Bart and Lisa fall in love with a super-cool couple, Mav and Portia, Marge starts to question their potential guardians’ true motivations.

Rashida Jones is a guest voice tonight.  I guess she must be Portia.  I also guess I’ll never find out because I am going to catch up on Justified instead.

28 Responses to “Sunday Preview: The Changing of the Guardian”

1. 27 January 2013 at 7:17 pm

Please compile a montage of all the “hip new couples” the Zombie Simpsons have met / befriended. Is this the plot of every single episode now?

2. 27 January 2013 at 7:20 pm

I’ve wanted to see Herb again for years, but it doesn’t sound like he’ll have a very big role here. I wonder if that’s not a good thing.

3. 3 mmmfreegoo
    27 January 2013 at 7:28 pm

homer’s soulless shit eating perfect grin

4. 4 AManFromDeclan
    27 January 2013 at 9:34 pm

Well it finally happened. It really happened. Despite many past foreshadowings….aw f**k it, I mean f**k it. I QUIT THE SERIES!!!

I mean it! I will never watch another new episode of the Simpsons again. This episode was complete and total bullsh**. So many crappy things happened in this episode. I don’t even know where to begin. So I just list some of the things that are completely absurd! BTW, this is mostly like my last review on a current episode.

-Ling bypassed Maggie in age. Apparently, Patty and Selma got her so whipped that she has to do crazy monkey acts to keep them entertained.
    -Herb (by far the best character in the early days of the Simpsons) is apparently poor again for no good reason.
    -Luann is a bitch.
    -The Spucklers claim that they have 17 kids, even though the number is well over 40+.
    -Apparently NO ONE wants Bart (prankster with redeeming qualities), Lisa (an 8-year old bright idealist), or Maggie (a baby/the one baby apparently left). What do they have against Maggie. And this isn’t the first time they’ve done this. For some reason, to go as far as to make Maggie look bad compare to everyone else, the writers would flanderize everyone else’s babies to have superior intellect and acrobatic skill, even to the point where they’re old enough to age up to kindergarten.
    -MARGE MARGE F**KIN’ MARGE! Yes, I seriously hate her now! No, that doesn’t make me a mentally disturbed ho-ha! I just have a short fuse from a LONG series of tolerance. /she is just so annoying, while the rest of Springfield is just unforgivable. A years of defending each Simpson family member from the bigotry of their own town, I have now drawn the line (in a slab) at Marge. Anyhoo, this is all cares about anymore anyway: http://images.wikia.com/simpsons/images/6/6e/Whory_marge.png
    -Also, I didn’t care the trendy couple. They just seem so fake and superficial. Just another way of shoving the Simpsons to mingle with a 201X crowd.

Overall, nothing (and I mean not a GOD DAMN thing or soul) could justify how mediocre this episode was. Just cancel the series NOW. The Simpsons series is not doing anyone any favors (or keeping the UN intact and preventing nuclear holocaust), so why keep it going. Fox should just continue playing cash-pocket with the already merciless (but not as vunerable) Family Guy. At least they get away with things and don’t have to be subject to consequences, unless they jump the gun and delve into episodes of out-of-character, overly-preachy, controversial topics such as faith in god to heal a sick boy instead of the hospital, insurance fraud, going AWOL during a war, and the famous “Partial Endearment”. Compared to Family Guy, The Simpsons are just a bunch of quirky kooks in their own sad senseless world. Hopefully Gary M. Gadson will return and upload high-quality screenshots again, because design purposes are the only thing the Korean-sweatshop-slaved-animated-episodes are good for anymore.

But to ALL of you current viewers and everyone who has ever watch the Simpsons, STOP WATCHING THIS SHOW NOW! Each and everyone of us can do a thousand times better the FOX writers. Even if the internet goes into fanfiction overload, it will all be worth it, so long as no one ever watches this show ever again. I mean it. And there’s nothing FOX can do to rectify the intense damage made this season, no amount of flashy modern celebrities, no hackneyed pieces of writing, no cheap jokes, nothing! It’s over!

It’s done…………..

27 January 2013 at 11:42 pm

1) Calm the fuck down.
      2) Welcome to the league of ZS haters. Guess what: we’ve all been through this state. We’ve all wished it would get cancelled one day or another. We all hate the show now. But guess what else: it doesn’t die. So slowly, drastically, we live to accept what it has become. And nothing bothers anymore. Nothing surprises. Nothing happens. Just… another Sunday night.

• 6 RaikoLives
      27 January 2013 at 11:57 pm

The Simpsons is indeed dead. Now for the five stages of grief.

I believe our friend is currently at stage 2.

(Btw, sorry about the quality, but I did not film it, and it was the best I could find via a quick, rudimentary YouTube search.)

• 8 RaikoLives
      28 January 2013 at 5:40 am

Coming back and re-reading this comment, I have to take issue with this:
      “Apparently NO ONE wants Bart (prankster with redeeming qualities), Lisa (an 8-year old bright idealist), or Maggie (a baby/the one baby apparently left). What do they have against Maggie.”

Didn’t “prankster with redeeming qualities” Bart leave their old babysitter as pale as a sheet, rocking back and forth repeating the words “No Bart. Put it down. Put it down Bart.” Softly, over and over? Didn’t Maggie try, and succeed, to get back her pacifier (and those of her classmates) at the Ayn Rand Day Care? And while that was not something BAD, she’s a complex little girl and I dread to think what she’s capable of if she put her mind to it. Driving a car, perhaps? Awww. Isn’t that sweet. And Lisa? Well, I guess I can’t really say she’d be bad to have as a child, but to have to accept Bart with her, I think I’d say no too. Season 1-8 Bart who was first suspect to the missing H from Superindendent Chalmers’ Honda. BEFORE Jimbo, Dolph, Kearney and Nelson. As Gabbo would say, he’s a Baaaad widdle boy. So, chill.

28 January 2013 at 11:49 am

Dude, you’re in it too deep. Besides, Maggie already drove a car (and fell asleep on an airbag).
        Don’t forget what we’re dealing with here. Zombie humor. Why did everyone suddenly start avoiding Homer and Marge? How did they know that the two want to find guardians? And at some point it just gets too absurd as to create two forcefields around them. This stops being funny after like 2 seconds, not 2 minutes.

But what I really don’t dig is that for some reason Homer and Marge start thinking that the other couple wants to steal their kids, so they just literally ram into their house, with Mev and Portia present, and just say they want the kids back. And for another reason, Mev and Portia just say “ok you can have them”, although they’re clearly unhappy giving the kids back. I mean what is this? I feel like I actually needed to watch that part only so the plot thrusts itself forward at me. In shows like Family Guy you’d at least except some cheesy car chase that would end with one of the kids falling out and breaking something in order to advance the plot. Here… argh it just goes and goes and goes and goes and… end. WHAT. THE. FUCK.

• 28 January 2013 at 1:16 pm

I hope you mean ZS, not the classics dude.

5. 27 January 2013 at 10:41 pm

I’m not sure I can see Rashida Jones’ voice coming out of that character…

6. 12 mmmfreegoo
    28 January 2013 at 1:27 am

Don’t worry AManFromDeclan, from what I know, here’s what’s on tap for season twenty-five:

Magic powers!

Wedding after wedding after wedding… and did someone say, “long-lost triplets?”

…and a tiny green space alien named Ozmodiar that only Homer can see.

It’ll be out of this world!

I gave up a long long time ago, quit punishing yourself and just watch what makes you happy.

p.s. Troy McClure was pretty fucking accurate.

28 January 2013 at 1:45 am

Boy, will we never see HIM again! (c)

• 14 AManFromDeclan
      30 January 2013 at 11:43 pm

There aren’t many shows I have left to watch that make me happy. Most of them are cancelled/finished. As for modern shows, NONE.

All I truly have right now is Toriko.

28 January 2013 at 1:49 am

OK, so, just watched this pile of fuck. Laughed twice throughout. By my standards not the worst, but I think I just realized now that they got bleak… I find myself accepting it nonetheless. Maybe it’s the 3rd stage? Maybe the final? I watch it, no matter how bad it is. Also I don’t give a shit about cultural references and whom the guest voices are. Most of them I’ve never heard of. Because I don’t watch TV. I just erm “obtain” the episodes and watch them. And laugh when I can. that’s it.

I also love the classic Simpsons. Occasionally. And some Family Guy. and American Dad which is still more likely to be better. That’s it.

8. 16 jumpingpolarbear
    28 January 2013 at 5:50 am

The girl besided Marge is hot :).

9. 17 Nuts and Gum
    28 January 2013 at 2:05 pm

Good call on “Justified” – after watching Bob’s Burgers I finished season 1 and started season 2 this morning. That show is great.

10. 18 Bartist
    28 January 2013 at 2:05 pm

Ugh, Zombie Simpsons still hasn’t effed off.

11. 19 Frank
    28 January 2013 at 3:01 pm

Can someone tell me if Hank Azaria voiced Mav? I didn’t watch (and don’t really plan to) watch the episode, but I can totally imagine Hank A voicing Mav with that generic Carl-like voice that he gives for all the one-off characters.

I have nothing against Hank, but damn I’m tired of that generic voice!

12. 20 Cal
    28 January 2013 at 5:21 pm

It’s hard to believe that another episode written by Rob “Panda rape is funny” LaZebnik was not a winner.

Seriously, how is this guy still working for the show?

28 January 2013 at 6:19 pm

lol for all the ppl writing random stuff and nobody actually replying to their comments =)

• 22 Frank
      29 January 2013 at 2:14 pm

lol, indeed – it’s like those “Help” websites where everyone asks questions about their broken dryer, no one answers, but instead asks about their broken dryer.
      “Hey my dryer makes a screeching sound – can anyone help?”
      “My dryer makes that sound too”
      “Hi my dryer also makes that sound how do i fix it for free thanks”

Anyway – at least i’m answering your comment!

29 January 2013 at 6:08 pm

Thanks, and I’ll answer yours out of courtesy: Azaria didn’t voice Mev, it was apparently *sigh* yet another guest star I’ve never heard of (because I live in stone age apparently), but who’s *sigh* famous today.

But, just for fun: listen to Azaria’s rendition at the beginning of the ep. Wiggum – Grasscutting guy – Lou. Priceless.

14. 24 AManFromDeclan
    29 January 2013 at 8:47 am

Well I’ve calmed down enough to provide some insight on the one possible element of this episode that can be reasoned with: Ling Bouvier and her Soap Opera Rapid Aging Syndrome.

Basically, the whole entire concept existing at all was just too bewildering and uncalled for. Or at least sounds like something belated that should’ve stayed in “Future-Drama”. Ultimately, Fox is basically screwing with us on purposely if they waited until this late in the series run to screw around with the characters’ aging/non-aging. But the only other sad thing about Ling’s situation is the way Ling is being “tiger-parented” by the gruesome-twosome, forced to do a bunch a cheesy monkey tricks for their sick amusements.

Does this look like the same happy baby from “Goo Goo Gai Pan”. “Help me…..”

You’d think Selma would be a more caring and passionate mother to at least Ling (much less finally treating Homer with some respect, after the whole ordeal in China), considering all of those emotions and heartfelt plea, just so Selma could have a baby.

Somehow, this scene doesn’t seem as irrational now at this point.

But aside from that, I meant what I said about no longer watching the new episodes on Sunday nights anymore. But on an ending note:

Herb: “I’m poor again”!? “I’m poor again”!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? Who the heck are the bozos who came up with that one!? Fire every last one of ’em!

15. 25 abra cadaver
    29 January 2013 at 10:19 pm

I need to check out Justifed. I liked dude in Deadwood.

16. 27 Patrick
    8 February 2013 at 5:06 pm

This sounds like THE worst episode ever (for now) and WOW at the Ling scenes and Herb Powell…. WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING? >:(

• 28 Patrick
      8 February 2013 at 5:12 pm

At least they’re using proper promo pics rather than guest stars infront of generic colour backgrounds.