May

Three Men and a Comic Book9

“Can you let me have it for forty dollars?” – Martin Prince
“Forty bucks?  Forget it!  You made me get off my stool for that?” – Comic Book Guy
“It’s all I’ve got!  I sold seeds, I visited my aunt in the nursing home, I fished a dime out of the sewer for God’s sake!” – Martin Prince

Happy Birthday Russi Taylor!

1. 1 ThisCannotBeTheFuture
    4 May 2013 at 9:34 am

I don’t understand anyone who doesn’t like season 2. Season 2 and 3 are pure, unadulterated classic Simpsons. No “zany-ness”, no filler–just awesome storytelling and clever writing.

• 2 Anonymous
      4 May 2013 at 5:16 pm

Agreed. The people who don’t like it are probably turned off by the crudeness of the humor. Seasons 4 through about 8 are where it is sharpest. Personally I love both eras, but I can see why people don’t like the early years.

• 3 Jonathan
        4 May 2013 at 10:00 pm

The only thing I don’t really care for was that this season (along with the first one) tried a little too hard to be sentimental with its episodes, which usually meant tacking on a last minute sappy ending.

4 May 2013 at 11:57 pm

You mean you can actually analyze how the Seasons went back then, like Freud used to analyze sexuality? Besides those who visit this website, I can’t help but wonder what would be the percentage of those who would ever give a single fuck about it…

• 5 Jonathan
            7 May 2013 at 4:02 am

I’m not understand the correlation between Freud and any of what I wrote, nor am I demanding anyone care. I just found it a bit odd that a show that with a more believable take on TV families often fell back on those kinds of endings early on.

• 4 May 2013 at 7:16 pm

Don’t look at me ^_^ I love even the first one with the weird animation and crude drawings

2. 7 ThisCannotBeTheFuture
    4 May 2013 at 9:37 am

Favorite line:

Comic Book Guy: “Freak’n kids….I have a masters degree and folklore and mythology!”

Yep, that’s what those liberal arts can do for you. :)

3. 4 May 2013 at 5:56 pm

Hey, today is Free Comic Book Day to boot!

Anonymous on Homeronymus Bosch