May

Saddlesore Galactica2

“Very well, Lisa, what rousing Sousa march would you have us play?” – Mr. Largo
“Well, I thought maybe for once we could play a song that wasn’t written by Sousa.” – Lisa Simpson
“You mean something just arranged by Sousa?” – Mr. Largo

Happy birthday Danny Elfman!

1. 1 Monty Python Forever
    29 May 2013 at 7:15 pm

Why are we getting a quote from the worst episode ever?

2. 4 ThisCannotBeTheFuture
    29 May 2013 at 9:36 pm

Ok, so it’s not just me. This is, like, the first time I’ve been stumped: what season is this from?

• 5 ThisCannotBeTheFuture
      29 May 2013 at 9:38 pm

Never mind. Found it. Season 11, as I suspected.

Isn’t this the second season 11 quote recently? So why all the hate, then, for season 10?! There are still, at least, some very well-written jokes in season 10, despite its flaws.

3. 30 May 2013 at 1:15 am

Compared with the last 5 seasons, season 11 it’s a jewel.

• 8 Anonymous
      30 May 2013 at 1:21 pm

Season 11’s an innovator in the field of sucking. Most of the time, it’s just the mediocre midpoint between 10 and 12, but it also contains probably the highest concentration of Worst Episodes Ever. Bart to the Future, Alone Again, Natura-Diddley, Eight Misbehavin’, and Kill the Alligator and Run would all be well at home in the late teens.

• 9 ThisCannotBeTheFuture
        30 May 2013 at 8:09 pm

I actually think season 11 is much, much worse than season 10. It’s a huge drop off in quality.

• 30 May 2013 at 9:00 pm

oh no I am not saying that 11 was good…oh god no! I am just saying that compared to seasons 20 to date they are not that bad…they are still bad but the new ones are just well…..horrible.

4. 30 May 2013 at 7:24 pm

There’s another quote from this one that seems appropriate for Danny Elfman: “Okay, we’ll do a different song. Who cares, they all end up sounding the same anyway.”

I kid, Danny. I kid ’cause I love.

30 May 2013 at 9:39 pm

Wow a lot of hamsters in this post… “Our leader told us Season 11 is baaaaad”… yeah. It’s a so-so season for my standards, some jokes sucked, some didn’t, but it was still watchable. I mean I could turn on the TV and see if I was laughing 1 minute into the ep, and yes, I was.
    Season 12 brought the weird episode opening shit like a badger living in Santa’s Little Helper doghouse, or like when a dog just stalks Bart for no reason and everyone’s ok with it… But still, it was something. That’s the main prob with me and the lot: ppl think that the change between Season 12 and Season 20 for example is as small as it is between Season 11 and 12. But I don’t I believe that everything until at least Season 15 was still salvageable, I accept that it sucked, but come on, give the guys a break. The Moonshine of the Simpson Mind was pretty much the ending point of the “sucky yet still bearable” period, after that it went to “argh whyyyy”.
    But of course, it’s just my own opinion.

• 13 ThisCannotBeTheFuture
      31 May 2013 at 1:03 pm

Hey! Surly only looks out for one guy…Surly!

Seriously, though, Season 11 is, in my opinion, watchable but pretty laugh-less. It seems many fans think “Behind the Laughter” is some gem, or at least the last great classic Simpsons episode. I just watched it a month or two ago and don’t really find it amusing at all. Indeed, the ZS-nature was already strong with that one.

I agree, though, that that’s nothing compared to where the show has been for the last 5-6 years.

6. 14 Richie
    30 May 2013 at 11:56 pm

Ye guys do realize that a Season 11 episode being quoted doesn’t mean it should be fully worth of praise, right? This quote is a good ‘un; quality writing, unlike most of the episode. Let’s not overlook the gem among the shit.

• 15 jl
      31 May 2013 at 12:30 am

Yeah, I agree. Similarly, I really love Homer’s “I have more trophies than Wayne Gretzky and the Pope combined” line later in the episode.

31 May 2013 at 1:29 am

If that joke implied that neither Gretzky nor the Pope won any trophies in their lives, then it’s a shitty joke. Nuff said.

• 17 jl
          31 May 2013 at 8:40 pm

No, not nuff said. I always thought that joke was great because of the paring. Homer knows very well about Gretzky’s award proficiency (It’s not implying he won nothing- seriously, look at this, 8 straight Hart Trophies! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_career_achievements_by_Wayne_Gretzky#Awards), yet he pairs him with the Pope, a person no one thinks of when they think of trophies, which makes it a great joke and a good Homer-ism, where he knows about stuff but not really.

So, yes, the pope didn’t win any trophies (as far as I know), but that’s what makes it funny in my mind.

Anonymous on Makeup Quote of the Day