Jul

How Kittens Are Born

“And here comes Snowball II, this is the one we kept.” – Bart Simpson
“Eww.” – Fourth Grade
“We were gonna keep the gray one, but the mother ate her.” – Bart Simpson
“Eww.” – Fourth Grade
“Mrs. Krabappel, he’s traumatizing the children.” – Martin Prince
“As usual, I agree with you, Martin.  Bart, shut that off and take your seat immediately!” – Mrs. Krabappel
“Oh, look, this is really cool.  When I hit reverse, I can make ’em go back in!” – Bart Simpson

1. 1 FireFlower
    7 July 2013 at 10:50 am

This is something that was certainly cut out for syndication.

7 July 2013 at 11:32 am

Absolutely. I never remembered that scene.
      They also should’ve cut “boogerstrom” as it’s offensive to the Jews. They didn’t. Meh.

2. 7 July 2013 at 2:36 pm

Oh that’s disgusting. And hilarious.

3. 5 Chris
    7 July 2013 at 3:00 pm

Notice how Wendell has his hand over his mouth? Wendell is the kid who throws up on the bus. What a callback.

4. 7 RaikoLives
    8 July 2013 at 5:19 am

I love Bart’s face as he’s pointing the remote at the TV. He’s not SUPER happy, he’s just smiling, enjoying the video. To be 10 years old again.

5. 8 akumatafur
    8 July 2013 at 9:55 am

Speaking of unappropiate school videos, how about “Fuzzy bunny’s guide to you know what”?

Krabappel: “She´s faking it.”

6. 10 ThisCannotBeTheFuture
    9 July 2013 at 10:13 am

Homer’s personality was never better than it was in seasons 2-3. Here he’s childishly emotionally invested in Bart’s campaign and oblivious to Lisa’s plight, all without having to be “jerk-ass Homer” or a maniac in any other way.

Minimal zaniness, maximal subtlety.

• 11 Red
      10 July 2013 at 1:43 pm

So the jerk-ass title only applies to the zaniness of it all, right?

Cause one things I didn’t like about this ep was not Homer’s obliviousness to Lisa, but that he would openly whine about spending any time with her, and nearly go out of his way to act like a dick in front of her (their trip to the museum). Pretty much what his jerk-ass counterpart was prone to do.

• 12 ThisCannotBeTheFuture
        10 July 2013 at 7:17 pm

By “jerk-ass Homer” I, at least, mean Homer being loud, over-the-top, and in-your-face Homer. But the fact that he’s not being “jerk-ass Homer” doesn’t imply that his behavior is necessarily pleasant. So I would stand by my above assertion…though I admit the term “jerk-ass” can be a bit misleading.

• 13 Red
          12 July 2013 at 10:28 am

Ah, I get it.

And I should change that to “only thing I didn’t like”, as the rest of the ep was fine.

Anonymous on Homeronymus Bosch