Sep

Colonel Homer10

“Marge, what do you think?” – Homer Simpson
“It’s nice.  But who is this woman?” – Marge Simpson
“Well, right now she’s an out of work cocktail waitress, but she’s going to be a country music super star like, uh . . . that jerk in the cowboy hat, and that dead lady.” – Homer Simpson
“I don’t like you hanging around some cocktail waitress.” – Marge Simpson
“Marge, you make it sound so seamy.  All I did was spend the afternoon in her trailer watching her try on some outfits.” – Homer Simpson

1. 17 September 2013 at 2:56 pm

To this day, I still refer to Garth Brooks as “that jerk in the cowboy hat”.

2. 2 beeed
    17 September 2013 at 7:11 pm

*seedy* – ill mannered, disreputable.
    Surprising how often their are misquotes on DHS!

• 3 Charlie Sweatpants
      17 September 2013 at 10:04 pm

I do a half-assed job around here plenty, but I don’t think I fucked up on this one. He doesn’t say “seedy”, he says “seamy”:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/seamy – “degraded, sordid ”

Always glad to get corrected, but having just listened to it again, he says “seamy”. Thanks for keeping an eye out.

3. 4 FireFlower
    17 September 2013 at 9:40 pm

This is off-topic but I made this today:

Maybe you can use it in your next Reading Digest.

4. 9 Dick Steele
    18 September 2013 at 12:01 am

“Uh, I think I can come over. Lemme ask my wife.”

5. 10 Zartok-35
    18 September 2013 at 1:55 am

Just another contributing factor to it being the best episode ever!

6. 12 FireFlower
    18 September 2013 at 9:35 am

Yeah! Thanks, Charlie!

Yes the 1990 Bart is from Tiny Toon Adventures. Blard Simpleton was the guest star in the Weekday Afternoon Live episode.

7. 18 September 2013 at 12:30 pm

Didn’t Matt Groening write this episode?