Feb

Blood Feud12

“I could crush him like an ant, but it would be too easy.  No, revenge is a dish best served cold.  I’ll bide my time until . . . oh, what the hell, I’ll just crush him like an ant.” – C.M. Burns

1. 5 February 2014 at 12:14 pm

This line is pure classic Burns. Eloquent and sinister, utterly contemptuous towards the common man, and proof positive that he does everything solely for the joy of being a bastard. He really is one of the greatest villains in television history.

2. 5 February 2014 at 3:20 pm

I miss this Mr. burns

3. 4 FireFlower
    5 February 2014 at 5:19 pm

This is Burns back when he had a personality.

5 February 2014 at 6:07 pm

Today’s Burns:
    – “Smithers, why aren’t they zooming in when I pinch the window?”
    – “Err… It’s not a touch screen, sir.”
    – “sigh”

5. 6 Rembrandt Q. Einstein
    5 February 2014 at 6:41 pm

Remember when this website used to do posts that weren’t Quote of the Day, Reading Digest, Sunday Preview, Behind Us Forever or Compare & Contrast?

• 7 Junetemperature
      5 February 2014 at 6:51 pm

Yes? And there was a post saying that they’d stop the other features because they didn’t want to turn into zombie simpsons themselves. What’s your point?

• 8 Rembrandt Q. Einstein
        5 February 2014 at 7:01 pm

The only discontinued features were Crazy Noises and Ratings FAIL. What I meant was the miscellanous posts they used to do in the first three years of the blog’s existence – pointing out animation mistakes, merchandising howlers, cynicism abotu press releases and all that stuff. They don’t do any of that stuff now.

• 9 Rembrandt Q. Einstein
          5 February 2014 at 7:02 pm

*about press releases

• 10 Rembrandt Q. Einstein
            5 February 2014 at 7:05 pm

This website’s downhill slide into a predictable forumula was even lamented by a NoHomers member (presumably one who hates Zombie Simpsons, as most of them do), who said “All they do is Quote of the Day anyway”, which was obviously untrue for the first three years of the website, but is spot-on now.

• 11 Junetemperature
              5 February 2014 at 7:07 pm

THIS. WAS. A. CONSCIOUS. DECISION.

• 12 Anonymous
                6 February 2014 at 11:00 am

Not to mention that Synergy stopped because IGN no longer publishes Simpsons reviews. Charlie can’t help that.

• 13 Rembrandt Q. Einstein
              5 February 2014 at 7:13 pm

Also, I don’t see why you guys always call NoHomers more forgiving. That was true in the mid-2000s, but is completely irrelevant nowadays, as the majority of people there absolutely despise the new episodes. There’s only two regular members who could be described as “forgiving” about the new episodes – Financial Panther and Oh, That’s Raspberry. FP is an asshole, but from what I’ve seen, OTR seems like a nice guy. And even he can be pretty critical about certain new episodes at times.

I just don’t see where you’re getting the idea that all NoHomers is ever-praising about the show from. Even Mike Amato of Me Blog Write Good, who is otherwise an excellent reviewer and who I have nothing against at all, fell into this trap in his review of “Bart-Mangled Banner” saying “Even the ever-forgiving NoHomers hated this [episode]”. Some NoHomers members who liked his blog apart from that said that statement was laughably untrue.

• 14 Rembrandt Q. Einstein
                5 February 2014 at 7:14 pm

For people too lazy to read the whole post above, I guess what I’m trying to say is that democracy doesn’t work.

• 5 February 2014 at 8:00 pm

Yeah, I know what you’re saying RQE. Mr. Burns has really been castrated as a character. Good points all round. In fact, I would bet that Charlie would love to have you do a full entry on the decline of Burns. I for one would love to hear you flesh out that idea you had about how Mr Burns is indicative of a general timidity by the writers in dealing with class and wealth, particularly regarding the recent economic recession.

• 16 Junetemperature
                5 February 2014 at 8:14 pm

I just went to nohomers. The majority of people gave the latest episode a 3/5. Just the fuck up, you autismo.

• 17 Rob K.
                  5 February 2014 at 10:44 pm

I have Asperger’s like Einstein up their.

5 February 2014 at 11:44 pm

I caught the mad fish disease recently, much more severe.
                    Also, Einstein needs to stick to DHS in 2010 through a time warp, and Junetemperature, don’t feed the fucking troll.

6 February 2014 at 12:21 am

Remember when you weren’t here?

6. 20 Rembrandt Q. Einstein
    5 February 2014 at 7:15 pm

Na na na na na HEY na na na na na na na na na HEY na na na na

5 February 2014 at 11:52 pm

I really hope ZS would do a Sochi Olympics related couch gag intro for their next constipation, even if I won’t be seeing it. You just won’t understand…

Red sus on Quote of the Day