Feb

Deep Space Homer8

“Uh, question for the barbecue chef: don’t you think there is an inherent danger in sending underqualified civilians into space?” – Reporter
“I’ll field this one.  The only danger is if they send us to that terrible planet of the apes . . . wait a minute, Statue of Liberty, that was our planet!  You maniacs!  You blew it up!  Damn you!  Damn you all to hell!” – Homer Simpson

1. 1 ChrisSnoopMarlo
    24 February 2014 at 4:28 pm

The best part of this bit is the immediate cut to Barney collapsing. I never fail to laugh at it.

2. 2 jordan
    24 February 2014 at 5:06 pm

In one way, you’re both winners. But in another, more accurate way, Barney – is the winner

3. 3 Al Gore Doll
    24 February 2014 at 9:36 pm

They finally made a monkey out of me!

4. 5 Rob K.
    25 February 2014 at 1:53 am

Don Del Grande…. I miss his reviews on SNPP.

Sigh.

5. 25 February 2014 at 2:57 am

two things:
    1. I like the barbeque chef reference – I wonder if I’ll be sent in to space one day…

2. Deep Space Homer reminds me of one of my favourite Simpsons lines: Homer – “I’m not one for taking new jobs on a whim, but as they say in the snow plow business, I’m your astronaut”

6. 7 RaikoLives
    25 February 2014 at 7:23 am

“It beeegiiiiiiiiinnns!”

7. 25 February 2014 at 9:14 am

This is another one of those quotes that I’m amazed hasn’t been used for a QotD before now. Great stuff :)

8. 9 Frank
    25 February 2014 at 10:42 am

eh, I never loved this episode as many Simpsons fans do. As much as I love Hank Azaria as a voice and “regular” actor, It was listening to him voicing Buzz Aldrin that I started to notice that this voice sounded a lot like his other generic male characters.

I never cared much for the whole Homer goes to space, or the chip-eating hommage to Kubrick’s 2001.

I think I liked the whole build up to Homer going to space, but once he was there, it started to become a bit gimmicky. the hommages become less subtle and more “let’s re-enact Movie X, but replace Homer with Character Y and make him say something stupid!”

9. 14 Cookie Monster