Apr

Much Apu About Nothing12

“Hey, the government don’t control the sky!  What if you lived in a balloon?” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson
“That’s it!” – Lisa Simpson
“Did you hear that, Mom?  She’s as dumb as me!” – Bart Simpson

21 April 2014 at 10:00 am

I just wanted to point out of funny discovery: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3i-0YFmz9KwQCZY_33lDzA/videos

These are Zombie Simpsons in French, well, the last two seasons of them I think. If you understand French like me, I must honestly tell you that they are really funnier to listen to in that language. It’s a bit of how that Ukrainian dude from yestermonth mentioned that he likes to watch them in Ukrainian. Even though not all the voices sound the same, they still manage to deliver great performance, and for some reason hearing the characters say the same things in French is somehow funnier.

Rant over.

• 2 Joe H
      21 April 2014 at 12:07 pm

Its not unusual for that to happen, and in the case of ZS it’s not hard to imagine given that much of the vocal case just isn’t putting nearly as much effort into their vocalizations as they used to. When was the last time a mild or even weak joke was given an extra punch through the voice work?

21 April 2014 at 1:46 pm

Well Azaria, Castellaneta and Cartwright still own the place. Kavner and Shearer are getting a bit out of tune, and it is sad. Smith… I dunno, I never really liked her doing just Lisa.

In the French version though, if you care to listen, Bart and Lisa both seem to be voiced by one lady, while Homer, Krusty, Barney and Willie are all voiced by different people. What amazed me was Grandpa’s voice performance in that Gorgeous George episode I rewatched yesterday… Like, the guy really sounded both kinda comedic and very emotional at the same time, and I don’t mean to say that Dan’s Abe has gotten out of touch, but in this particular case, really, I admit that I went “wow!”.

• 4 Rob K.
      21 April 2014 at 9:00 pm

Reminds me: If a TV show makes sense on mute, it’s a good show. If it doesn’t then it’s either a bad TV show or an average one.

21 April 2014 at 9:28 pm

It does make a show weirdly better, however it does definitely not “make sense on mute”. I got bored after watching 3 videos or so. Went to listen to R3hab, fuck that man.

2. 21 April 2014 at 10:39 am

Remember ‘Simpsons Cartoon Studio’? I think ZS started generating episode ideas using that program.

3. 14 Kokairu
    22 April 2014 at 4:40 am

Couldn’t recall which episode this was from (tags don’t appear on mobile site)… Tuned into Channel 4 last night and it was this episode. Weird coincidence.

Anonymous on Makeup Quote of the Day
Anonymous on Makeup Quote of the Day
Anonymous on Makeup Quote of the Day
Anonymous on Double Secret Makeup Quote of…