May

Last Night, On Twitter . . .

Homer's Barbershop Quartet12

“I can’t remember the last time we were all together.” – Principal Skinner
“Last year, on that stupid Dame Edna special.” – Apu Nahasapeemapetilon

Al Jean continues to ever so gingerly dip his toes into the never ending torrent of love, hate and general bullshit that is Twitter.  Last night, he tweeted out this undated picture of some of the old staff:

JeanWritersPic

I wasn’t sure who everybody was, so I asked him, and he was kind enough to reply.  From left to right it’s him, Mike Reiss, Wallace Wolodarsky, Jay Kogen, Jon Vitti, and Jeff Martin.  He also said this:

Aren’t you the guys that trash us every week? Peace and love, man.

I’d quibble with “trash” and substitute “criticize”, but I don’t begrudge him his point of view on that.  Al, we love you all the same, and thanks for the picture!

18 Responses to “Last Night, On Twitter . . .”

1. 1 Joe H
    21 May 2014 at 1:55 pm

Can’t say I saw this coming. Looks like Mr. Jean is indeed aware. Plus a good sport at that.

2. 2 ecco6t9
    21 May 2014 at 3:34 pm

Hey we may be ugly and hate filled but… What was that third thing you said?

21 May 2014 at 4:21 pm

Whoa whoa there, Mr. Big Shot. “Trash”… I take a deep shit at your current show, and everything that stands for it. And yes, rest assured that I wish you “peace” too… to rest in.

4. 21 May 2014 at 8:20 pm

Aww you’re famous! But to be fair, you’re not the only people who trash them every week…

5. 5 Jeff
    22 May 2014 at 1:11 am

David Silverman linked to one of your reviews about a month ago. (It was a positive review, one of the old Halloween specials, I think.)

6. 22 May 2014 at 5:37 am

Nothing brings people together more than hate.

Hmmm… hate…

7. 22 May 2014 at 5:49 am

That’s downright decent of him. He seems a nice guy.

8. 22 May 2014 at 11:04 am

I’ve eagerly awaited the day when DHS is namedropped in a ZS episode. Maybe that day is closer to happening.

9. 22 May 2014 at 5:20 pm

Wow… Awesome Charlie, thanks for doing that on twitter lol and please for the love of God make a backup of this site in case Fox ever wants to take it down, but anyway Al seems like a nice guy, I just can’t help thinking he could have brought The Simpsons to a gradual and final end instead of all this ZS crap and nonsense, but hey, more money for him and also the writing staff for the first 12 Seasons was great to ok.

10. 12 Rembrandt Q. Einstein
    22 May 2014 at 7:56 pm

Yeah, I saw that when Rubbercatsmpr retweeted it. I was really surprised at the time. I knew you’d mention it, but I thought it’d be in one of your Reading Digest link dumps. Guess I should have known better.

PS: Sorry if this post sounds whiny, it wasn’t my intent. :)

11. 15 Jeff Jacobson
    23 May 2014 at 11:38 am

That explains the “Stop explaining everything!” line from Sunday’s episode.