Jul

'Round Springfield14

“Lisa, when you get to be our age, you’ll learn a few things.  Like when a sign says, ‘Do Not Feed the Bears’, man, you’d better not feed the bears.” – Homer Simpson

• 2 Mysterio
      28 July 2014 at 4:18 pm

This joke’s already week. The one you quote is simply nonsensical.

• 29 July 2014 at 1:14 pm

I suppose it helps if you’re familiar with the blog in question. It’s a deconstruction of the Goosebumps books, and this one refers to a compilation book with a story called “Please Don’t Feed the Bears,” which prompted the reference. (At one point, it also had the same still from above to drive the reference home further, but it doesn’t seem to be there anymore.)

• 29 July 2014 at 1:18 pm

And when I said “best use,” I meant outside of this show. I probably should have clarified that.

• 12 Mysterio
          29 July 2014 at 5:36 pm

Or “Please Don’t Feed The Bears” – you’d better not be feeding the bears while reading this book. Or Reading this book will make you Feed The Bears (with yourself).
          Catch my drift?

1. 28 July 2014 at 8:52 pm

Another scene I don’t remember, maybe it was done to fast, I wasn’t paying attention, maybe syndication cuts.

I have seen almost all Simpsons episodes (Seasons 1-15) at least 10 times or more btw.

• 14 Babel DeCarla
      29 July 2014 at 3:28 pm

No, I remember that scene in syndication. Maybe it was just one of those scenes that flew over people’s heads and was too subtle to be funny (The Simpsons — the good episodes — had a lot of those types of scenes). What I want to know about that scene is, “Is that a stuffed bear or a real bear on Homer’s arm?”

• 15 Mysterio
        29 July 2014 at 5:39 pm

It’s like the jokes they come up with when one of the characters takes something out, but apparently it’s so cameo’d that the character looks weird with their hand there all the time after.
        I dunno, I don’t like these jokes, think they’re stupid.

Anonymous on Makeup Quote of the Day