Aug

Homer vs Lisa and the 8th Commandment14

“Poopsie the Clown is a treasure that will last a lifetime!” – Shopping Channel Announcer
“Cable . . . it’s more wonderful than I dared hope.” – Homer Simpson

Those of you who have cable: enjoy the FXX marathon (Zombie Simpsons won’t start until Monday-Tuesday).

1. 1 Babel DeCarta
    21 August 2014 at 11:15 am

I’m going to skip around, because I don’t care much for seasons 1 and 2 (I just watched “Bart the Genius” and I’m waiting until 1:30 EST to see “The Telltale Head”). Season three, I might marathon. Season four, I’m definitely going to marathon (the only episodes I don’t like from that season are Last Exit in Springfield, So It’s Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show, and A Streetcar Named Marge, but other than that, I am going to watch season four). The rest (save for the Zombie-era episodes) I’m going to skip around, mostly because I don’t want to be one of those losers who tries to watch every episode ever, and because I’m not all that obsessed with The Simpsons and I can easily find anything else to watch on TV, on Hulu, and online.

What about you guys? Are you going to marathon this or skip around?

2. 21 August 2014 at 1:08 pm

I’ll be watching on and off, partially because I have the DVDs, and partially because I like doing things such as “sleep”.

I actually started the marathon with “Moaning Lisa”. Based on that episode, it’s incredible just how fantastically these early episodes have aged: even with the animation and the voice acting being a bit off, the writing is still pretty deep.

On a more negative note, I’m not a fan of the crop job that FXX seems to have done, and the promos do seem to have siphoned more from ZS compared to the classic episodes.

• 7 JacobS
      21 August 2014 at 2:18 pm

I have cable, but not FXX, so I won’t be able to watch the marathon. But by cropping, do you mean FXX is zooming or cutting off the top or bottom of the image to make it fill an entire widescreen screen? If so, that is really disappointing. Are people really that opposed to black bars on the sides of their screen?

• 21 August 2014 at 2:51 pm

Yup. Exactly what I’m referring to. I’d rather they stretch the episodes rather than crop them. A little picture distortion never hurt anybody.

21 August 2014 at 4:57 pm

I sat through watching shit on TV from 9 AM to 3 AM once… Drinking something like brandy-laced Brisk and a 5-liter keg of Heineken at the same time. It was somewhere in January of yesteryear or something. Y’know, that just-called-in-to-work-sick-for-two-days mood…
    Would never repeat that again. Ever.

4. 10 FireFlower
    21 August 2014 at 8:36 pm

I have FXX and I am recording some episodes…nothing much after a certain point of course.

5. 22 August 2014 at 11:29 am

My grandmother gets FXX, much to my surprise, and I have to stay at her place for a week thanks to a pest problem in my apartment, so the timing on this worked out great. It’s such a kick to see these episodes on TV again, uncut and everything (yeah, they’re stretched, but I can deal with it). I’m checking out after Sunday once they pass Season 8, but until then, I’m reveling in this.

Anonymous on Homeronymus Bosch