Sep

A Star is Burns17

“I like him.  He’s smart, he’s sensitive, he’s clearly not obsessed with his physical appearance.” – Lisa Simpson
“My ears are burning.” – Homer Simpson
“Uh, I wasn’t talking about you, Dad.” – Lisa Simpson
“No, my ears are really burning.  I wanted to see inside so I lit a q-tip.” – Homer Simpson

2 September 2014 at 12:14 pm

Would I be the only one to think that “my ears are burning” is one kinda gay-prejudiced remark? Like people who say “fabulous”, you’re never quite too sure with them around (unless it’s out in the open, of course).

• 2 Outta my way, Jerkass!
      2 September 2014 at 1:30 pm

In this days everything is homophobic, holy shit.

2 September 2014 at 3:08 pm

It’s worse than being careful about telling racist jokes. At least you can clearly see people’s races. In this case, many don’t make their sexuality explicit, so yes, avoiding such statements is usually the best.

• 11 Whoa, Anonymous Douche
        4 September 2014 at 10:48 am

Yes. And we’ve all got the teats of Davy Jones.

• 12 torbiecat
      3 September 2014 at 7:56 am

I think you’re over-thinking things, bub. You’re the first person I’ve know to associate this remark with homophobic slurs.

• 13 RaikoLives
        3 September 2014 at 10:57 am

I’m with Torbiecat on this one. I have never… EVER… thought of this as any kind of stereotypically “gay” comment, and as far as I know no one who has said it near/to/around me has meant it as such. Perhaps you mean the sing-song, higher pitch that Homer USES when he says it, but I wouldn’t read that much into it.

• 18 Frank
      3 September 2014 at 11:57 am

You might also ask someone if their ears were burning if you were talking about them:

“Hey Stan, were your ears burning yesterday?”
      “No, why?”
      “Because me and Charlie were talking about you last night at Moe’s”

• 22 Anonymous
      4 September 2014 at 10:44 am

Motherfuck him and John Wayne.

• 23 Whoa, Anonymous Douche
      4 September 2014 at 10:45 am

Motherfuck him and John Wayne.

2. 4 September 2014 at 7:13 am

I’m not sure why but this website is loading incredibly slow for me.
    Is anyone else having this problem or is it a issue on my end?
    I’ll check back later on and see if the problem still exists.

Marge on Quote of the Day
Steamed Vaans on *Triple* Secret Makeup Quote o…
Steamed Vaans on Double Secret Makeup Quote of…
Steamed Vaans on Quote of the Day