Dec

“I can’t imagine that job of yours is very stimulating.” – Marge Bouvier
“But it gives me time to think.” – Homer Simpson
“What do you think about?” – Marge Bouvier
“Well, girls . . . I mean boys!  I, I mean you!” – Homer Simpson

1. 1 torbiecat
    27 December 2014 at 12:49 am

Have there been any other characters on this show that have had the same shade of purple for their hair like that man behind Marge? I know Miss Pennycandy’s hair is a lighter shade of purple and there probably has been a background character here an there with a similar hair shade as hers, but that darker shade that guy has seems to be unusual. Weird how blue hair is a relatively common occurrence in the Simpsons’ universe, but purple hair seems so rare.

• 2 Anonymous
      27 December 2014 at 5:53 pm

Sherri and Terri?

• 4 torbiecat
        27 December 2014 at 6:15 pm

Ah, I totally forgot about them during my lack-of-sleep-induced delirium while I was commenting last night. (Not to mention that their mother shares the same hair color as them, too.) Then again, there’s something about them that makes me intentionally try to forget them–I guess they remind me a little too much of bratty classmates that made my life hellish during my grade school years.

• 5 Charlie Sweatpants
          28 December 2014 at 9:55 am

“I guess they remind me a little too much of bratty classmates that made my life hellish during my grade school years.”

I always thought that’s what made them so good. My high school also had a set of twins, also girls, also with very similar names, who were a lot like that.

• 6 torbiecat
            1 January 2015 at 3:10 pm

Nah, I agree with you in principle. My distaste for them is personal rather than from how they’re created.

• 7 B.C. Ball
      28 December 2014 at 12:49 pm

What about Patty and Selma, or is that a lighter purple due to age?

• 8 torbiecat
        1 January 2015 at 3:13 pm

I kind of saw their hair as having a bit of blue tint to it (and that might be due to how we physically perceive colors different from each other), but the more I think about, the more I think that their hair color might differ from season to season.

• 9 torbiecat
      1 January 2015 at 3:19 pm

That picture of the crowd outside of the Kwik-E-Mart posted for the 12/27 Quote of the Day made me realize that Sarah Wiggum’s hair looks purple in some instances, but grayer or bluer in other instances.

Also, that wig that Nelson wears in “Bart on the Road” is really purple.