Jan

Bart Sells His Soul13

“If you like good food, good fun, and a whole lot of crazy crap on the walls, then come on down to Uncle Moe’s Family Feedbag.” – Moe

27 January 2015 at 4:21 pm

– A ‘diner’! Hey fellas, look at the Frenchman over here! A ‘diner’!
    – Well, what do you call it?
    – A ‘family feedbag’.

2. 2 RaikoLives
    27 January 2015 at 11:36 pm

So is this Moe too close to Zombie Moe or could this be one of the last gasps of Regular Moe? I kinda like him soullessly chasing the money that comes from a shtick like this. And at the end he’s foiled by his own personality and has to come to terms with the idea that his business is a reflection of who he is, and he can’t really change that.

It’s not him being all “woe is me, I just want love”, but it’s certainly not “hunt down and kill the prank caller in his own house”.

Transformative Moe? Limbo Moe? Dead but not UNdead Moe? I feel like I’m saying Moe too much.

• 3 calonordic
      27 January 2015 at 11:42 pm

Moe moe moe moe moe.

• 5 Charlie Sweatpants
      28 January 2015 at 11:13 pm

I’d say this is still regular Moe. He’s not out for love or feeling sorry for himself, he’s just trying to make money. It’s not like he’s genuinely trying to make a nice, family restaurant; he just thinks there’s money in pretending to be one.

• 6 A wizard did it
        30 January 2015 at 7:05 am

Even regular Moe wasn’t a complete asshole. In “Flaming Moe’s” he apologized and attempted to sell the drink and give Homer half the money, rather than earning more and more money forever. Saying that Moe was just a “hunt down and kill the pranker in his own house” is like saying Homer was just “that guy who loved to strangled Bart”.

3. 7 Frank
    28 January 2015 at 11:37 am

Moe, Moe, Moe! How do you like me? How do you like me?
    Moe, Moe, Moe! Why don’t you like me? Nobody likes me

• 8 Frank
      28 January 2015 at 11:38 am

that was supposed to be an answer to RaikoLives

28 January 2015 at 9:51 pm

Shit, that just reminded me of the time when he kissed Smithers because he wanted to know what it felt like. I’m sure that part was written by a “flaming” somebody with tongue-in-cheek sexual preference.

• 11 torbiecat
        29 January 2015 at 1:22 pm

A certain and atypical preference perhaps (really, Moe…), but giving the terribly stereotypical homosexual jokes that are prevalent in Zombie Simpsons, it seems as if there is no consultation by writers of anyone who does not identify as heterosexual. I presume there aren’t queer writers on ZS, that is, unless they’re afraid to say something, are ignored, or have really crappy humor themselves. Seriously, I cringe at the gay jokes in ZS, and I’m saying this as a lesbian who doesn’t think that all gay jokes are inherently bad.

29 January 2015 at 5:27 pm

The problem is not in the jokes. They passed the entire premise of “Flaming Moe” as a serious storyline. Even when Homer dreams about his wife kissing with another woman, you ‘could’ see the ‘joke’. In this case, Moe kissing Smithers reeks of some kind of gay propaganda (as in, “try to be gay, it’s okay”). The question arises: did the writers previously do something bad to guys, that it makes them want to promote gays in latter episodes? I don’t know and sure as fuck don’t care to know.

• 29 January 2015 at 6:56 pm

I thought it was either you’re born gay or not, rather than that behaving gay is ‘hip’. WTF, Shitsons?

• 15 torbiecat
            4 February 2015 at 12:34 pm

Maybe you’re onto something, but if that’s what they’re doing, it reeks of that, “Black people like us!” sort of thing that some white people do where people still end up being offensive and/or myopic despite hoping to act otherwise.

Anonymous on Homeronymus Bosch