Feb

Sunday Preview: Walking Big & Tall

Walking_Big_&_Tall_promo_4

Lisa discovers that Springfield’s anthem was lifted from another town, so she composes a new one, while Homer gets a big lesson in “Wide Pride.”

Tonight’s guest hat is Pharell Williams. I find him to be quite entertaining, but I since I find zombie simpsons most unentertaining, I guess I will just have to miss whatever hijinks that are in store for him tonight.

18 Responses to “Sunday Preview: Walking Big & Tall”

1. 1 Al Gore Doll
    8 February 2015 at 5:27 pm

Since when do cities have anthems?

2. 6 Victor Dang
    8 February 2015 at 5:32 pm

Ah, here’s another one of those “germs of a good episode” floating in Zombie Simpsons (just like with “Bart and Lisa end up in the same grade” and “Burns buys up all the local media”). I actually do see potential in the plot summary, especially since it’s so damn short!

The A-plot could’ve definitely been a workable premise in the Mirkin or Oakley/Weinstein years (or hell, maybe even Season 4), but as usual, since we’re far past that, we’re just left to wonder how much ZS will screw this up with time-stretching or out-of-character moments (and unworkable guest slots).

• 7 Victor Dang
      8 February 2015 at 5:33 pm

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, not sure if the “Homer/Wide Pride” thing will be part of the A-plot or some sort of B-plot, but if it’s the latter, then let me say that it sounds quite bad already and I’m not so enthusiastic about it.

• 8 Ryan
      8 February 2015 at 11:38 pm

how the fuck is “lisa writes her town’s anthem” fucking interesting lol. like you obviously know what a good plotline is, since you listed those other two zombie simpsons examples. although you could just be parroting the opinions of others, and this was your own attempt.

• 9 Joe H
        9 February 2015 at 1:47 am

Well, since Lisa is a musician of sorts and a gifted one at that, it is quite surprising why the series never had her write a song before. A town anthem may not be the most interesting thing ever, but it’s something up Lisa’s alley.

Of course ZS will strip this of whatever satire it may have been ripe for in the classic era along with any semblance of believability.

At this point, anything remotely in-character is at least slightly interesting even though it’s almost guaranteed to be wasted potential.

• 10 Ryan
          9 February 2015 at 2:41 am

“Well, since Lisa is a musician of sorts and a gifted one at that, it is quite surprising why the series never had her write a song before.”

lol what in holy fuck

you didn’t even have to go past her very first episode, moaning lisa

• 11 Patty Cash
      9 February 2015 at 10:44 am

[QUOTE]Just look at the promo image above, and how sterile it is! I wonder why the workers on the show are so damn afraid of using thick lines (of the handdrawn variety) these days.[/QUOTE]

Because the show is done in digital ink and paint and long ago, Matt Groening put a moratorium on anything considered off-model or weird.

Besides, the sterility of the animation matches the hollowness of the storytelling.

8 February 2015 at 6:18 pm

I know Williams from “Happy”, of course, and being a total poptard, I don’t regret it a bit. His appearance in ZS doesn’t scare me, what really kills the cat is the TOTAL GODDAMN STALENESS OF A SHOW WHICH HAS OVERDONE SAME SHITTY PREMISES AT LEAST TWICE IN EACH FUCKING CASE, AND STILL KEEPS PRODUCING AND PRODUCING AND PRODUCING THESE AWFUL SHITTY EPISODES IN WHICH NOTHING ENTERTAINING EVER HAPPENS EVEN THOUGH THEY COULD’VE SACRIFICED AT LEAST A COUPLE OF GOOD PLOT LINES FOR SOMETHING IN THAT VEIN!!!

…oh golly, my caps lock was on.

4. 13 kianworld
    8 February 2015 at 9:33 pm

huh. pharrel appeared once and that was it.
    that’s new.

5. 14 ecco6t9
    9 February 2015 at 2:15 am

Umm same song for every city, Homer fat, fat guy dies at the end. Did I miss anything in between?

6. 9 February 2015 at 4:09 am

I distinctly remember watching this episode but I can’t remember a goddamn thing about it. Does that make it a good episode by ZS standards?

7. 16 mmmfreegoo
    9 February 2015 at 7:51 am

how about a weekly caption competition for these preview screens? I’ll go first:

[enter Bart]
    Bart: “Hey Lis’ what have you been working on?”
    Lisa: “its a new anthem for Springfield”
    Bart: “is this because of that field trip to Ogdenville?”
    Lisa: “…well, I have been looking for something new to do after breaking up Moe’s people smuggling ring”
    [Lisa holds up newspaper of Moe in handcuffs]
    [hold newspaper in frame for 6 seconds]
    [enter Moe & random Asian person]
    Moe: “Hey, atleast I got me a wife outta this!”
    Asian person: “What you talking about, I am man!”
    Moe: “there’s an operation for that”
    [enter Nelson]
    Nelson: “Haw-haw!”
    [exit Moe & Asian person]
    [enter Apu]

Pure gold right? I reckon I could be a writer for this show.

• 17 mmmfreegoo
      9 February 2015 at 8:02 am

just want to make a slight edit as I fear it might not be clear enough:

*Bart: “is this because of that field trip to Ogdenville? Just because it was word for word the same as Springfield’s anthem doesn’t make it the same – we used a b-sharp instead of a b-flat on the last note!”

[enter Homer & Principle Skinner holding ‘B-sharps’ memorabilia]
      Homer: “I’ll take the credit for that young lady!]

9 February 2015 at 3:21 pm

Trolls… Too many fucking trolls… (c)

Red sus on Quote of the Day