Feb

Sunday Preview: My Fare Lady

my-fare-lady-promo-1-122748

Fed up with the thankless task of chauffeuring her children around, Marge works for a transportation app service. Homer bankrupts Moe, with Moe being forced to work as a janitor at the power plant.

Oh boy. A zombisode on the topical issue of taxi apps. Also I would like to point out that almost nine years ago to the date they already spun a title off of “My Fair Lady” with the 2006 blockbuster “My Fair Laddy” But now I am just complaining for the sake of it.  Also Christopher Lloyd and Rich Sommer are guest stars.  Rich is on Mad Men, but although I like that show I couldn’t have told you that if I hadn’t have looked it up. In fact the character he voices is named “Young Man”. That will look good on his resume next to multiple seasons of Mad Men.

15 Responses to “Sunday Preview: My Fare Lady”

1. 1 Jack

Moe Letter Blues

Gone Maggie Gone
    Gone Abie Gone

Take My Wife, Sleaze
    Brake My Wife, Please
    Take My Life, Please

Because it doesn’t matter how non-descriptive, tenuous or easy to mix up a title is, or how many times you base a title on the exact same reference, but a title that ISN’T a pun? In the Simpsons writers’ room, you get fired just for suggesting it.

15 February 2015 at 7:16 pm

That’s okay, they’re as forgettable as the episodes themselves.

• 5 Patty Cash
      16 February 2015 at 9:39 am

Then how do you explain episodes like “Marge vs. The Monorail,” “Homer’s Triple Bypass,” or “So It’s Come to This: A Simpsons’ Clip Show”? Oh, right. They were written/suggested back when people actually cared about the show.

15 February 2015 at 7:15 pm

I’m not following something: if Marge hates taxiing her kids, then why does she become a chauffeur herself? Or did I miss something else?

15 February 2015 at 10:40 pm

Still only 4 comments? Whoa boy will the ratings be sucking tomorrow…

4. 16 February 2015 at 10:09 am

This is another one of those episodes where I feel like they came up with the title first, then wrote the story around it. “My Fare Lady? We’ve done that pun before, but hell, it’s mildly clever. So how do we use it? I dunno, Marge becomes a taxi driver or something? Excellent, let’s knock off for lunch.”

16 February 2015 at 5:11 pm

“Come up with a title right now. Go.”
      “*FART* How ’bout that?”
      “That’s not a title! You just farted!”
      “…Is there any more pot?”

Red sus on Quote of the Day