Feb

Behind Us Forever: My Fare Lady

Marge Gets a Job13

“Chauffeur, seamstress, curator of large mammals?” – Marge Simpson
“Marge, have you seen my lunch box?” – Homer Simpson
“Oh, I see.” – Marge Simpson

In this episode, Moe leaves Homer in charge of the bar.  Meanwhile, Marge gets a job as a Not Lyft driver.  Then Moe, his bar wrecked, gets a job at the nuclear plant.  Then Homer gets a different job at the nuclear plant.  Then it ends.

On the plus side, they used that awesome pixel opening that hit the internet a couple of weeks back.  Pretty much all downhill from there, though.

– Really was nice of them to use that fan made pixel opening, and it ate up nearly two minutes!

– And speaking of openings, there’s a Jetsons one to eat some more clock.

– “Why Humans Failed” was a nice little reveal to end the Jetsons thing.

– We are off to another rousing expository beginning.  Marge explained what all the kids were doing (we saw them in costume, too!), then Homer described what he was feeling, and now Homer’s at Moe’s and Moe is telling us that he’s tying his apron on while he’s, you guessed it, tying his apron on.

– Montage!

– Wow, this is a really long one.  We just crossed the one minute mark on it and it’s still going strong.

– Back to the exposition: Moe told us about Sideshow Mel getting drunk (we didn’t see it) and now he, Lenny and Carl are talking about a ticket to see a Joan Rivers type we haven’t seen yet.

– Homer is going to be running the bar, apparently.

– Also, Moe just explained a couple of sign gags to us.

– Some Uber/Lyft guy just showed up to tell Marge about the plot.  He will vanish and not come back.

– Marge’s license plate is EP7G08, 7G08 is the production number for “Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire”.  Huh.

– Lenny, Carl and Homer are going to run a ladies night at Moe’s.  Carl explained what that is, then Lenny thanked him.

– Moe is at the show, and falling in love with the old Hollywood lady.  Meanwhile, Homer and Marge just got new jobs.  They’re using a lot of their tired tropes this week.

– Moe’s is now overrun with women.  Homer and Carl are explaining who they are.  Then there was a brawl.

– Moe just did a comedy “whaa!”, saw his bar was trashed, then explained things.

– Marge’s ride service is off to a rousing start, first the kids were there with Milhouse and Kirk (who popped up out of nowhere, then vanished), then Marge and Shauna explained things we didn’t see:

Shauna: Thanks for the lift. It’s nice to know I can get a ride without having to put out.
Marge: You’re welcome.  If you really want to get your belly button pierced, go see a professional.
Kearney: [who just walked out of a house with a staple gun] I’m ready for you, babe.
Shauna: I’m gonna have this done properly, at a kiosk in the mall.  I’m Shauna.

That’s the whole scene.  It’s like a rejected SNL sketch idea.

– Moe just got a job at the nuclear plant.  Now he’s telling us how he feels.

– Nelson, Willie and Gil have all been in Marge’s car now.

– And . . . driving montage!

– Burns was just talking to Moe, and now there’s a surprise nuclear inspection.

– Well, that ended as quickly as it began, now the inspectors are gone.

– Moe is now supervising sector 7-G and reassigning Homer.  Wacky hijinks, ahoy.

– Homer just got eaten by a giant Venus fly trap.  Such hijinks, such wackiness.

– Moe just got ditched in the cafeteria.  Though there was a mercifully brief callback to the guy who whips Homer to make the cupcake display turn.

– Back to the exposition, Marge just said, “Homer Simpson, working with those plants is great.  It’s helped you get in touch with your feminine side.” That lead to Homer screaming for no reason and setting plants on fire in the front yard.

– Yet another driving montage.  This makes three.  The only difference is that this one is an expository song.

– But even an expository song won’t stop them from more expository dialogue, Marge just recapped the montage, “Moe, I think we’d both be a lot happier if we quit our new jobs.”

– Now other cabbies, who we saw for one brief scene where they talked about being cabbies, have surrounded Marge.  Then Moe showed up with a shotgun.

– And we end on Moe, alone at his rebuilt bar, getting talked to by the giant Lyft mouth Marge hung on the mirror.  Seems about right.

Anyway, the numbers are in and they are just as atrocious as we’d expect.  Last night just 2.75 million people wondered how many “new job!” plots they could squeeze into one episode.  (The answer, if you count Homer watering plants, is four.)  That replaces last week’s “Walking Big & Tall” as #2 on the least watched list, trailing only last year’s 7:30 broadcast of “Diggs”.  That one came in at 2.65, so we may see it dethroned if the rest of the season goes on like this.

69 Responses to “Behind Us Forever: My Fare Lady”

16 February 2015 at 2:33 pm

I really liked this one, actually.

16 February 2015 at 5:36 pm

Don’t be so surprised, man. Stan’s a collective identity that often has contradictory ideals.

For example, I think that Futurama isn’t “ass cancer” or “ass garbage” (as one of us so eloquently put it in the comments sections for those “Simpsorama” articles).

17 February 2015 at 12:08 am

Futurama isn’t “ass cancer”. Your presence and impersonation here are.

• 5 Patty Cash
            17 February 2015 at 12:45 pm

Yeah. Maybe some of the Comedy Central episodes were weak, but calling the entire show “ass cancer” is an insult to Futurama, the people who work on Futurama, and those who actually have rectal/colon cancer.

But that’s my opinion. Futurama seems to be like “Arrested Development” in that it’s not a bad show, but no one really likes it because it’s “too good” or “too smart” for American TV, which is notorious for being a “vast wasteland.”

17 February 2015 at 3:34 pm

Well, I just don’t get it. Or maybe don’t care enough to get it. From what I’ve seen, there was way too much random ruckus going on, and I’m not really a fan of randomness in humor. However I can say that given my sense of humor, the original Simpsons were much funnier than any of Futurama put together.

• 7 Tom S. Fox
            20 February 2015 at 8:53 am

Great, now we’ve got two douchebags called Stan.

2. 8 Patty Cash
    16 February 2015 at 4:04 pm

Okay, guess I was wrong when I said that this episode would barely crack 2.50 in the ratings because of the SNL40 special. Still, it’s good to hear that the ratings on this episode were low.

Well, I got some good news and bad news for you mugs: the good news is you don’t have to worry about a new episode until March 1st. The bad news is: there’s going to be a new episode on March 1st (and the 8th). Here’s what I found on Wikipedia and Simpsons Archive:

March 1st: The Princess Guide (TABF08): Moe thinks that the daughter of a Nigerian king in town to work out a uranium deal with Mr. Burns is the sister of the “Nigerian prince” that scammed him.

March 8th: Sky Police (TABF09): Chief Wiggum gets a jet pack, which he uses to fight crime. However, after he crashes it into the church, Marge leads the rest of the Springfield congregation toward gambling in an attempt to rebuild it. Nathan Fielder (from “This Hour Has 22 Minutes” and “Nathan for You”) guest stars

I don’t know about “The Princess Guide,” but you’ll have a lot of fun ripping on “Sky Police,” since that episode combines season 13’s “She of Little Faith” (the church getting destroyed by someone/something flying into it) and season 5’s “$pringfield: or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Legalized Gambling” (using gambling to raise money badly needed for the town).

• 9 Anonymous
      17 February 2015 at 8:34 pm

I can’t believe those episode descritpions are real. The jetpack thing seemed to confirm my growing suspicions that you were joking, but, no, they’re genuine.

• 10 Sarah J
        19 February 2015 at 12:12 am

At this point, I’m starting to believe I’ve been in a coma for a long time and the past several years of my life were a dream. Now I’m either slowly waking up for dying. Either way, the increasing insanity of Zombie Simpsons is evidence of the dream reality falling apart.

Whatever. I eagerly await Charlie ripping apart Sky Police, that sounds like it’ll be a fun review, at the very least.

• 11 torbiecat
      18 February 2015 at 8:17 pm

Weird that your little blurb about the first episode doesn’t mention that there’s guest spot by Richard Branson and that the princess is played by someone I haven’t heard of.

I’ll admit that I had laughed at the second description because it sounds way too much like the description of a deliberately bad fanfic.

3. 12 Joe
    16 February 2015 at 5:07 pm

No pointless celebrity cameos? What is this madness?

16 February 2015 at 5:25 pm

They’re going to hit 2 millions as a regular plank and I’d still be amazed how the show’s still on the air. Sure, three years or so ago we joked that once the ratings go below 3 million, even just once, ZS is kaput. Well, would you look at that.
    On the plus side, this ep could’ve worked if, Homer were to become the chauffeur while Marge gets all the credit, then Moe comes in because Homer’s car crashes and they all think he’s dead, and… Actually I swore off watching this shit over a year ago so I dunno what I’m talking about.

• 15 Patty Cash
      16 February 2015 at 8:48 pm

–Okay, but what if it dips into one million? Or half that? No show can survive that.

16 February 2015 at 10:19 pm

No show on FOX can survive ratings this low, don’t you think? Either FOX are blind enough not to see it, or something (or perhaps someone) keeps ‘persuading’ them… with merch profits and such.

• 17 Sarah J
          16 February 2015 at 11:52 pm

Yeah, if this were any other show it would’ve been cancelled long ago.

• 18 Patty Cash
            17 February 2015 at 12:14 am

What about “Bob’s Burgers”? The ratings are pretty much in the pits (mostly due to moving its timeslot) and that show is being renewed for season six. If I were Loren Bouchard, I’d pack up my show and move it to Adult Swim/Cartoon Network, since they air it at a consistent time (plus the show’s aesthetic feels more at home on that channel. Maybe it’s because “Home Movies” was on there).

17 February 2015 at 12:17 am

Are they really as low as ZS? I mean The Cleveland Show was getting away with 3 millions before being cut.

• 20 Patty Cash
                17 February 2015 at 1:34 am

Well that’s because (a) it was more-or-less a Seth MacFarlane show, and (2) people that didn’t think it sucked found it to be…just okay.

17 February 2015 at 1:43 am

Personally, I thought it was the best of his shows to date. It didn’t rely on stupid pop references or feces-level humor, and it didn’t get downhill like American Dad did just before TCS. Yet McFartlane cares only about how much people would praise him as a comedy god. So if it’s not about the fucking internet memes, then it’s not worth it.

• 22 Patty Cash
                    17 February 2015 at 12:42 pm

But The Cleveland Show did have stupid pop culture references and feces-level humor. It just wasn’t excessive with it.

And when did American Dad go downhill? I know season six wasn’t all that great, but it had its moments. Maybe it was the fact that it stopped doing political humor (because the show was supposed to be “All in the Family: The Animated Series” and most of the humor comes from Hayley and Stan fighting over their political views).

17 February 2015 at 3:42 pm

Well, all of his shows do (or did). And it’s okay. It just wasn’t okay when FG starting putting nonsensical cutaways after every goddamn phrase. The only thing missing was an array of off-screen laughter. So I stopped watching that shit.
                      American Dad was good in 2005-2010 approximately, then they started repeating the jokes, using stupid plots (like they one where they all play in some kind of theater and Patrick Steward is the host) etc. I mean I liked their occasional nonsense, but that show also had a ton of funny political jabs, even more often – at themselves – and the characters were all very well defined. But then they’ve just beaten everything they had to the ground, didn’t come up with anything new, and didn’t get cancelled. So fuck it too.
                      Frankly, I’d rather have seen AD go off the air than TCS. Too bad it was the opposite.

• 24 Sarah J
                      18 February 2015 at 4:05 am

I think AD dipped in quality some years back, more focus on shock value humor, but I still enjoy watching new episodes. It didn’t go overboard. Abandoning the politics was probably a smart decision. Whether or not you like the show, you can tell that the writers at least try. (I actually really liked the theater episode) I think AD has a major edge over shows like TCS and FG in that it already has a crazy premise, so it’s not limited to typical family sitcom problems. Stan works at the CIA and has access to all sorts of crazy technology, so you have more opportunities for new stories. Plus, the writers are generally pretty good about keeping continuity. If something isn’t reset at the end of the episode, you know it’ll probably stick around for a while. I dunno, I think that makes the show more interesting to watch.

18 February 2015 at 9:21 am

@Sarah: that’s exactly the problem. That show began with a plethora of different opportunities to mock pretty much everything: Stan working at the CIA, Roger being able to impersonate pretty much anyone, Klaus trying to get back into his own body, etc. Plus, all that in a neat and much less dysfunctional sitcom atmosphere (where otherwise you have to resort to fart jokes or cutaways just to keep the plot moving, like in today’s FG). But for me it went downhill when, instead of developing new ideas within the initial characters, the writers just started to lay in more and more of the same ones. We get that the CIA is a money-wasting lazy-ass organization which doesn’t care about anyone or anything. We get that Roger has a fetish for dressing like someone famous just to ruin their reputation. We get that Steve can’t get laid. We get that Francine is hot. There’s nothing new going on anymore, except, just like in FG, sticking to those traits just to keep coming back and producing more of them, over and over again.
                      But then again, that’s me. Like I said about Futurama, a show that keeps airing is most likely still loved by many viewers… except if that show’s ZS, of course =)

• 26 Sarah J
                    19 February 2015 at 12:16 am

I felt that TCS was just incredibly mediocre. It would’ve helped if they tried a premise other than “regular family sitcom”, because the show just lifted many elements from FG. Hell, even the main character has his personality totally changed so he acts like Peter. It’s not a good show, but it’s not actively bad to the point where I have contempt for it.

• 27 Anonymous
              17 February 2015 at 1:18 am

Sidenote: I had no idea that Adult Swim was running Bob’s Burgers now, nor did I have any idea that it was created by the same guy behind “Home Movies” and “Metalpocalypse” (though I learned the latter a while back when trawlin’ thru the archives). Did they ever cut back on the “Flash-iness” of the animation from the series premiere or does it still have that Flash quality to it? That’s what kinda turned me off when I first saw it, and what turned me off from “Home Movies” when they switched animation studios/techniques (the change was noticeable as hell). I didn’t mind it for Metalpocalypse, though, because that’s what it started out with.

• 28 Patty Cash
                17 February 2015 at 1:32 am

Seasons two to now don’t look like they’re Adobe Flash-animated. Either they toned it down or they switched over to traditional (much like the much-loathed Comedy Central show “Brickleberry”).

• 29 Joe H
                17 February 2015 at 2:48 am

Not only are Season 2 onward traditionally animated, it’s often much better animated than ZS. Some surprising attention to detail in some episodes.

• 30 Joe H
              17 February 2015 at 2:45 am

The ratings are lower, but I think they let it stick around because it gets good reviews overall. Also, Fox is wisely aware that they can’t solely depend on 15+ year old animated sitcoms to carry it’s animation block and Bob’s Burgers adds much-needed variety. Perhaps the DVDs also sell well enough.

Lastly, it’s timeslot is much worse. Pretty sure that’s taken into account.

• 31 Sarah J
                18 February 2015 at 4:18 am

That’s a good point. Plus, it can take a while for a fandom to build up. Bob’s Burgers is a higher quality show that has a sizable, dedicated fanbase, even if it isn’t a massive one. No telling if ZS or FG will last a whole lot longer.

• 32 Sarah J
              17 February 2015 at 6:32 pm

I worded my comment poorly. I think if ZS was marketed and designed as a different show with no relation to The Simpsons, it wouldn’t be very popular and probably wouldn’t last long. But it goes under the Simpsons name and I guess sells merchandise.

I don’t think Bob’s Burgers costs a whole lot to produce, so it can probably get away with lower ratings. Plus it does have something of a following.

• 33 Anonymous Jerk
      16 February 2015 at 9:42 pm

Oh hell no. The Simpsons is Fox’s one and only merchandising empire and said merchandise sells better if the show is still “alive”. It’s staying on the air for many, many years to come.

If the voice actors quit/retire/die they’ll probably just be replaced by younger, cheaper imitations. At this point who cares?

16 February 2015 at 10:21 pm

I care, because I’m not watching it for a reason. Replacing the actors will get them to scoop up their ratings just to keep it on the air. It’s like walking your stuffed pet on a leash. Ditto for the whole ‘alive’ thing.

• 35 Patty Cash
        16 February 2015 at 11:57 pm

They threatened to do that in season 10, but didn’t go through with it. On the plus side, that joke on the season 10 episode “Homer to the Max” about how networks love animated shows because they don’t pay the actors squat and can easily have them replaced (like Karl Wiedergott temporarily voicing Ned Flanders) with viewers being too stupid to notice is a heck of a lot funnier.

17 February 2015 at 12:13 am

Wasn’t their first ‘cancellation buzz’ like sometime around “Behind The Laughter” in 2000?

• 37 Patty Cash
            17 February 2015 at 1:28 am

I think it was around the time Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo aired, since that had the blackboard gag, “I’m so very tired,” and Internet nerds/hardcore Simpsons geeks being who they are, they read that as a sign that the writers were shutting the show down due to exhaustion.

16 February 2015 at 5:52 pm

On the plus side, from your description, Desperate Suicidal Moe seems remarkably absent from this one. Though, I haven’t watched the episode myself (and don’t really plan to).

• 39 Joe H
      17 February 2015 at 2:51 am

Hardly a consolation. Still very zombie here since he only quits because he’s no longer best buds with his barflies even though he’s in a far, far more successful job and is entirely competent at it.

But yeah, “crying Moe” is kept to more of a minimum in this one.

• 40 Brad M
        17 February 2015 at 9:55 am

What season did Lenny and Carl become regulars at Moe’s, anyway? I remember in the early years, the barflies would always be Homer, Barney, and the two background guys that the writers never bothered to develop.

• 41 Patty Cash
          17 February 2015 at 12:32 pm

I’m guessing seasons 10 and 11 were when Lenny and Carl replaced Larry the Lush and Sam (the two background guys that the writers never bothered to develop. Larry the Lush is the guy in the orange jacket who looks either very drunk or very depressed [his only line was a part cut in syndication on “Simpson Tide” when Apu thinks of his cigarette machine that steals money]; Sam is the one in the trucker hat and glasses that Moe shot at for trying to pay for his beer in Sacagawea dollars. He also had one line on the episode “Lisa the Greek” [season 3 episode where Homer uses Lisa to predict football game outcomes so he can make bets with Moe]: asking Homer which Superbowl team he bet on).

17 February 2015 at 6:56 pm

Yeah, that last dude was a total canuck trucker stereotype. I’d have so loved having him developed instead. Lenny is just so… boring. Of course, by today’s standards, pretty much every character that isn’t a paint-on has become boredom itself.

• 43 torbiecat
              18 February 2015 at 8:03 pm

Yeah, I always thought that Sam and Larry had deserved some actual development. I also find it interesting that Lenny and Carl received more focus as time progressed, but that Charlie was thrown to the wayside. I guess the writers thought that Lenny and Carl allowed for an easier opportunity for back and forth banter and could sort of act as a Greek chorus if need be.

• 44 Joe H
          17 February 2015 at 1:48 pm

Speaking of Barney, he actually makes a rare appearance with a line of dialogue in this one. ZS seems to seriously dislike this character now as he almost never appears now….especially at Moe’s. Guess we can pretend he’s been “banned for life” from Moe’s or something.

• 45 torbiecat
            18 February 2015 at 7:55 pm

I sort have gotten the impression that Barney has been the bane of many of the writers, be it that they wrote or write for the good seasons or ZS fare. Prior to Maggie, he actually had been proposed to be the one who had shot Mr. Burns so that he could be sentenced to serve in prison so that he could be written away or given another angle for exploration.

• 46 Patty Cash
            19 February 2015 at 9:23 am

I thought they didn’t show Barney anymore because of that episode where he gets sober (“Days of Wine and D’oh-ses” from season 11). I’m pretty sure he relapsed later and they forgot about him.

6. 16 February 2015 at 7:47 pm

Simpsons Road Rage had a better story than this.

16 February 2015 at 10:22 pm

In fact, they’ll pull the plug as soon as they realize it’s costing them more in expenses to get the viewers’ attention than in profits from the merch and other shit.

• 50 Patty Cash
      16 February 2015 at 11:54 pm

That was the reason why FOX wanted it to end around season 23 (with the final episode being that Christmas one in the future where Bart and Lisa are parents); the whole “it’s costing us a lot in advertising” deal. They didn’t go through with it then because they made up for it by cutting the pay of everyone who works on the show. Will they have to reclassify all the cast and crew members as slaves if they want to keep advertising a show that no one’s going to bother to watch (and if they are, they can just go to their computers, DVDs, or that cable channel FXX to watch the good older episodes)?

• 51 Sarah J
      16 February 2015 at 11:59 pm

I’m still surprised the network hasn’t attempted reboots, sequel series, or spinoffs. A fresher idea, with good writers, could renew interest in the franchise. I mean, ZS ratings are so low that it wouldn’t really hurt. Hell, how much of the merchandise sales come from active ZS viewers? And Hollywood is so big on reboots and spinoffs these days.

17 February 2015 at 12:16 am

The only thing that could work is a spinoff showcasing Bart and Lisa as young adults. That’s one ONLY thing. Because everything else – all the other Sunday night cartoon got them covered, including the still awful but less annoying Family Guy and other MacFartlane poop.

• 53 Sarah J
          17 February 2015 at 6:41 pm

I dunno, I used to think that idea would work, but then noticed that the young ages of the characters haven’t stopped the writers from giving them storylines better suited for older characters. (hell, there’s even a teen pregnancy episode. Sigh…) I always thought a spinoff based around the teachers could be funny, but without Mrs. K it wouldn’t be the same…

17 February 2015 at 6:54 pm

Having Bart and Lisa grow up 12 years or so is actually a pretty good platform to appeal to the 18-25 audience trench these cartoons are primarily made for today. Bart could be a 22 year old dropout constantly changing jobs and trying to cope with his own persona, while Lisa would have a nerd boyfriend whom Bart would constantly pick on, and so on. The possibilities are vast.
            All I wanted to insinuate is that they would have a better chance at spinning something off that the audience themselves can relate to today, rather than have another 3-4 season party with side characters for one reason or another.

• 55 Sarah J
              18 February 2015 at 4:24 am

I thought about it, and yeah, fair enough. Plus, Maggie would allow for any plotlines for a young teenager. The tough part is, ya gotta get good writers. Ideas don’t mean crap if you don’t have a good execution. How does one recapture the magic of classic Simpsons in this day and age?

18 February 2015 at 9:28 am

You don’t. But considering that would be a new show, you have to realize that today’s technology is a little bit more than just for playing Angry Burns… or was it Angry Nerds? Anyway, check out my link below, one could definitely draw out an idea or two from that guy.

• 57 Sarah J
                  19 February 2015 at 1:03 am

Yeah, I don’t really expect them to be as good as The Simpsons. Something like that ain’t easy to come by. But if the network has to continue the franchise, I’d take a half decent spinoff over this ZS garbage any day.

• 58 torbiecat
                18 February 2015 at 8:07 pm

Yeah, I’ve heard some argue against the idea of aging up the characters by pointing out how poor All Grown Up! was compared to Rugrats.

18 February 2015 at 8:25 pm

They’re like two different shows. Yet the latter one lasted 4 good years before hitting the shelves. Spinning off the Simpsons shouldn’t be so bad come to think of it, the first two seasons would probably get more viewers than the last five seasons of ZS put together.

• 60 Patty Cash
        17 February 2015 at 1:26 am

They originally wanted Matt Groening to do a spin-off of The Simpsons that focused on the ancillary/supporting characters (i.e. Moe, Barney, Milhouse, Nelson, The Flanders, etc), but Groening didn’t know how to make it work. What was going to be the pilot episode for that series ended up being the season seven episode “22 Short Films About Springfield.”

17 February 2015 at 1:45 am

Hah, that was messed up enough as it was.

• 62 Sarah J
          19 February 2015 at 1:12 am

Apparently there was supposed to be a live-action Krusty the Clown show, but some of the stuff Groening wanted would’ve been too expensive for the studio, then he got caught up in Futurama.

Kind of funny how multiple spin-offs have been proposed and worked on, but none ever really got far. I wonder if that’s really common for popular TV shows. Like, are there tons and tons of potential spinoffs that we’ve never heard of?

• 63 Patty Cash
            19 February 2015 at 9:16 am

I know there were a couple for “Married…With Children.” One focused on Bud Bundy being in college (with Steve [Marcy’s first husband who left her so he can be a park ranger]), another was a sort-of anti-“Friends” sitcom centering on Kelly and her boyfriend’s sarcastic housemates, and one was supposed to come after the last episode where Kelly gets married to the boyfriend of the escaped convict who held her family hostage. All of them were rejected and two of them were turned into episodes that didn’t focus on Al or Peg (the college one and the anti-Friends sitcom). The 100th episode, where it focused on Al’s friend and his dimwitted son, was actually made into a series (“Top of the Heap”) but no one liked it and it disappeared as quickly as it premiered.

So, to answer your question: yes, there are potential spin-offs that we’ve never heard of, mostly because even Hollywood producers knew they were bad ideas or the creators realized that it would be too expensive/a bad idea or the actors just want to move on to different things. Then again, that didn’t really stop “The Cleveland Show” from airing.

8. 64 ecco6t9
    17 February 2015 at 2:13 am

Acclaimed? I ought to replace it right now with a Chinese cartoon where robots turn into blingwads!

9. 65 Joe H
    17 February 2015 at 2:53 am

Anyone who watched this noticed the art was very lazy in several shots of this? Particularly at the nuclear power plant.

• 66 Sarah J
      17 February 2015 at 6:43 pm

ZS art has been pretty lousy for a while now. There’s no more heart to it, ya know?

• 67 Inspector B. Verre
        22 February 2015 at 12:52 pm

The heart of the show was taken out after season 4 (at least according to Harry Shearer). The brain kept going, but now, the stale blood is making it do stuff like this and the artificial heart in its place isn’t the same as the wet, slimy, biological one.

Well, enough of the medical analogies, here’s a breakdown of the ratings. The A.V. Club says this was the most-watched Sunday night show on FOX, which isn’t saying much. As I said before, FOX is stupid for putting a new episode on at the same night as SNL’s 40th anniversary show. They must be still bitter that “MADtv” wasn’t the show that dethroned “SNL”:

8:00

NBC SNL 40th Anniversary Special (8-11:30PM) 7.8/21 (share) 23.14 (million viewers)
        ABC The Bachelor: Chris Tells All 1.5/4 (share) 5.67 (million viewers)
        FOX The Simpsons 1.1/3 (share) 2.67 (million viewers)
        CBS Undercover Boss 0.9/3 (share) 6.46 (viewers)

17 February 2015 at 4:09 pm

Here we go, enough custard for everybody: http://babysimpson.co.uk/index.php?action=eric
    FOX, start your shitty money engine.

11. 69 Matthew
    26 February 2015 at 12:30 pm

What does it say about ZS when the best part of the episode was made by a fan?

Red sus on Quote of the Day