Mar

Sunday Preview: The Princess Guide

The_Princess_Guide_promo_2

A Nigerian king comes to Springfield to finalize a deal with Mr. Burns, and Homer is assigned to keep the royal daughter out of trouble, but when he brings her to Moe’s, the barman assumes she’s related to a Nigerian prince who duped him in an email scam and plots to get back his money. However, Moe finds himself falling for her.

Does Homer still work for Burns? I don’t really watch new zombie episodes, so I don’t know what the deal is anymore.  Regardless, Homer is apparently getting yet another assignment he is dangerously unqualified for, and Moe will cry at least 4 times.  Don’t worry, there are only a few episodes left this season.

24 Responses to “Sunday Preview: The Princess Guide”

1 March 2015 at 12:00 pm

The northern lights are very active out of my city this time of the year… I think I’ll give it a shot.

2. 2 FireFlower
    1 March 2015 at 1:15 pm

Moe falls in love with a princess?

No thanks–I’d rather watch various animated movies or read various books that deal with falling in love with a princess.

1 March 2015 at 1:55 pm

Ugh. Bring back David Mirkin please

• 4 Disenchanted Viewer
      1 March 2015 at 2:21 pm

I think Mirkin is already working on the show.
      Get young, talented new writers and EPs with fresh ideas, please!

• 5 Anonymous
        1 March 2015 at 2:34 pm

I haven’t watched the show in a long-ass time, but I thought he only made a return for the actually-decent “Man Who Came To Be Dinner” episode in January.

And let’s face it, bringing in “young, talented new writers and EPs with fresh ideas” wouldn’t save the show from performing its many Zombie traits. It’s long been the right time for a mercy killing.

• 6 Patty Cash
          1 March 2015 at 2:45 pm

Well, how about “young, talented new writers and EPs to create a replacement show for The Simpsons”?

4. 9 Inspector B. Verre
    1 March 2015 at 4:44 pm

“Does Homer still work for Burns? I don’t really watch new zombie episodes, so I don’t know what the deal is anymore…”

-It seems like he does, but only if the episode calls for it.

“Regardless, Homer is apparently getting yet another assignment he is dangerously unqualified for, and Moe will cry at least 4 times.”

-Don’t forget to mention that in the “Behind Us Forever” segment. I will hold you to that.

“Don’t worry, there are only a few episodes left this season.”

Oh, yes. Such illustrious and interesting episodes as “Bull*E,” “Mathlete’s Feet,” “Cue Detective,” “Waiting for Duffman,” and “Lisa with an S.” You want my advice: give up on this and either get Netflix or learn how to appreciate reading again.

5. 1 March 2015 at 8:19 pm

Is it just me, or does the Nigerian princess look like she was drawn for a completely different cartoon?

• 11 Inspector B. Verre
      1 March 2015 at 8:29 pm

Well, she does bear a resemblance to the main character in “The Princess and the Frog,” but I think you can chalk it up to the art style of the show.

• 12 Frank
      2 March 2015 at 11:40 am

I just realized that whenever the writers want to make a woman appear more beautiful than the rest, they draw her eyes more oval-like and less round.
      It gets kinda annoying after a while.

Also wouldn’t a Nigerian princess have her own people to take her around, as well as about a dozen bodyguards? Any why Homer out of all people?

It would have made more sense if he sent Smithers to take her out.

Actually then Smithers leaves Burns for her because he likes working for her – she’s kind, forward thinking – everything that Burns isn’t. But then something happens and he goes back to Burns for some reason.

• 13 Frank
        2 March 2015 at 11:42 am

Or maybe they do a remake of “there’s something about Mary” where a whole bunch of characters fall for her because she is so kind and nice and whatever, and at the end she leaves to take care of starving children in London or $richWesternCity, making everyone sad, but everyone happy because they met someone like her.

• 14 Inspector B. Verre
        2 March 2015 at 1:33 pm

It gets kinda annoying after a while.

-They’ve been doing that since “Homer’s Night Out” with Shauna “Princess Kashmir” Tifton (the belly-dancing stripper). It’s probably only getting to you now because of how crappy the animation/art is.

6. 15 Joe H
    1 March 2015 at 9:10 pm

Last episode, Moe fell for an old, over-the-hill stand-up actress which only lasted about 3 minutes. Now Moe falls for an attractive African princess? Why not Hans Moleman while we-re at it, it’s just as believeable.

Really, I’m starting to think Moe is the new Homer–he has to be in every story no matter what now. How long before they decide to marry off Moe like they did with Skinner & CBG?

7. 1 March 2015 at 10:27 pm

That new show Last Man on Earth is hilarious. Sadly it is too good for network TV so it will probably be cancelled in a couple of weeks.

• 20 Inspector B. Verre
      2 March 2015 at 10:18 am

That’s why I didn’t watch it on FOX. And I feel the same way about “Bordertown” (which, yes, has Seth MacFarlane as a producer, but it’s made by Mark Hentemann, who did work on Family Guy in its first three seasons, but also did this short-lived MTV cartoon called “3 South” about a Harvard-bound college student forced to enroll in a college with an incompetent staff and moronic students after Harvard filled its quota of white males. And, like FOX, MTV canned it after only six episodes because it was “too good” and MTV was ditching its animation department, which is why “Daria” ended and “Clone High” got canceled).

8. 21 ecco6t9
    2 March 2015 at 1:55 am

Oy… What a trainwreck, I envy the deaf since they did not have to hear this episode, I envy the blind since they did not have to see it. I am not sure what the hell just happened all I know is I probably now have IBS from what was shown tonight.

I find it desperate that they brought up Elon Musk again, or did my mind stroke out and I imagined it? I think that’s two episodes after his that they brought him up?

To top it off the whole Smithers fantasy’s came off as horrifyingly creepy and that last line of his ohhhh holy crap.

Trainwreck…no that’s too good. I wish I was the Last Man on Earth so that the damn Zombie Simpsons would end, but if they are already Zombies maybe the episodes will make themselves?

• 22 Inspector B. Verre
      2 March 2015 at 10:22 am

-I envy the deaf since they did not have to hear this episode, I envy the blind since they did not have to see it.

You know they have closed captioning and audio description available for deaf or blind TV viewers. Closed captioning has been around since at least the 1980s, but audio description is new and Nickelodeon’s “The Fairy Oddparents” became the first show on American TV to have audio description for blind TV watchers.

• 23 milpool
      2 March 2015 at 3:18 pm

How did the fantasies seem creepy? Like in comparison to the earlier episodes there is no difference at all except we are allowed to delve a bit deeper into his mindset. Like him holding hands with Burns, getting entangled in the usual dog walking cliche? Creepy? Really? If it was a man and a woman would it still be creepy in your mindset?

Methinks you are reaching far too much.

• 24 ecco6t9
        2 March 2015 at 7:48 pm

I think it was more of the amount of times with it being hammered into us by the writers of the show. “That’s the joke, let’s explain it three more times to make sure you get our joke.”

Typical Zombie Simpsons overkill of something either a bit funny or charming drawn out too long or much.

Mr. Incognito on Quote of the Day