Mar

Last Exit to Springfield15

“How often do you brush, Ralph?” – Dr. Wolf
“Three times a day, sir.” – Ralph Wiggum
“Why must you turn my office into a house of lies?” – Dr. Wolf

1. 1 Victor Dang
    11 March 2015 at 10:22 am

I’m still amazed that Dr. Wolf was originally scheduled to be voiced by Norman Bates himself, Anthony Perkins, until he unexpectedly passed away, then being replaced by jack-of-all-voices Hank Azaria instead.

And yet another animation point I’ll hammer out on: look at the shading above, just look at it. There’s really only 2 levels of shading done here, yet it’s done so simply and effectively you get a sense of depth out of it. And I may sound like a broken record here, but this attention to detail and execution is something you can’t really find on ZS anymore.

2. 5 Supernintendo Chalmers
    11 March 2015 at 11:14 am

RALPH: Alright, I don’t brush! (crying) I don’t brush!

DR. WOLFE: Let’s look at a picture book – the Big Book of British Smiles.

(He shows him a book of people with crooked and missing teeth.)

RALPH: That’s enough! (crying) That’s enough!

—–
    LOL, that always slays me.

• 6 Victor Dang
      11 March 2015 at 12:41 pm

I didn’t think they were going to go that far and show Prince Charles with crooked teeth, but then BAM, second encore!

3. 7 Bleeding Gums Murphy
    11 March 2015 at 2:42 pm

Where’s my Behind Us Forever? Where’s my Behind Us Forever?
    -(Where’s my) Every day for the last three days (Behind Us Forever?)
    -Where’s my Behind Us Forever? Where’s my Behind Us Forever? WHERE’S MY BEHIND US FOREVER
    -HERE’S YOUR STUPID BEHIND US FOREVER!!
    -Wow. Thanks Charlie. (door slam)

• 8 Elephant
      11 March 2015 at 4:03 pm

Isn’t that what we’re all asking in our own lives, “Where’s my Behind Us Forever?” I know that’s what I’ve been asking.

• 9 Patty Cash
      12 March 2015 at 1:13 pm

I think because of the death of Sam Simon, there’s not going to be a “Behind Us Forever.”

4. 10 Joe H
    11 March 2015 at 2:50 pm

Pretty sure we’re getting it today. The sudden and tragic death of Sam Simon I’m sure was involved in the delay.

That or he hasn’t been able to will himself to watch it yet.

• 11 Bleeding Gums Murphy
      11 March 2015 at 2:54 pm

I guess so, that’s why I took a scene from the series, to make it explicitely clear I’m joking.

• 12 Anonymous
        11 March 2015 at 9:09 pm

Yeah, and botched it up beyond belief. It’s “episode”, and neither series nor season btw.

Great job, Bloody Guts. No wonder Al and Jean, er, I mean Mike and Reiss, decided to kill you off for that sweet, sweet Emmy (and other various awards)!

• 13 Bleeding Gums Murphy
          11 March 2015 at 10:49 pm

No, I intentionally said “series”, hoping someone who doesn’t care about Season 1 would ask for what episode is based on.

Yeah, stupid thing. But whatever. Peace and love.

• 14 acreatureididnotknow
            12 March 2015 at 3:34 pm

Glad that’s settled.

Now, where’s my spy camera?

• 15 Bleeding Gums Murphy
              12 March 2015 at 4:05 pm

Ask the femailman.

• 16 acreatureididnotknow
                12 March 2015 at 5:17 pm

I was just on my way to water the mail, maybe I’ll run into her there.

• 18 torbiecat
                12 March 2015 at 8:10 pm

The fe-mailman is a character that I wished the writers during the classic era had utilized a tiny bit more. I checked The Simpsons Wiki, and sadly, I see she has been brought back twice more during Al Jean’s reign of terror.

Bleeding Gums Murphy on Quote of the Day