Mar

Bart to the Future2

“Oh, hi, Bart, how much this time?” – Ned Flanders
“Dude, you got me all wrong.” – Bart Simpson
“Yeah.  Just answer me this: are you holding your mooching sack?” – Ned Flanders
“My little one.” – Bart Simpson

1. 1 Victor Dang
    20 March 2015 at 8:37 am

Oof, Ned going blind from laser surgery was from this episode? Man, I feel that sensation of embarrassment in my stomach right now… but that’s probably coming from that iffy animation at the top, which I can’t stomach to look at. Man, even from a single framegrab, you can tell this was where the animation (and general staff) fell on hard times, brain-wise.

And speaking of hard times, I can see this was also the episode where Arthur Crandle (and Gabbo) can be seen falling on hard times. I’m a little glad this bit wasn’t from a Zombie episode (even though this episode is very close to being one), and I do love the deeply cynical nature of it, but man… something tells me we would’ve been better off never seeing Gabbo again and leaving his fate to mystery.

• 2 Victor Dang
      20 March 2015 at 9:05 am

Anyways, in short summary, nice idea to pair up a quote from this ep. with the quote from yesterday’s ep. as a “land of (future) contrast” type of thing, but I recommend anyone reading this to only stick with “Lisa’s Wedding” instead.

• 3 Patty Cash
        20 March 2015 at 9:35 am

You know I would (since its original airdate was on the same day I turned 10 years old), but I always found Lisa’s Wedding to be dull (I’m not into romcoms or most Simpsons episodes where Lisa is the focus [Lisa the Greek, Lisa’s Pony, and Lisa vs. Malibu Stacy are exceptions]), outside of some good lines and gags (Lisa worrying about wearing white at her wedding since she lost her virginity to Milhouse as a teenager until Marge said Milhouse doesn’t count, Mayor Quimby now working for Otto’s cab company, the beginning medieval fair, Mr. Burns being cryogenically frozen until a cure can be found for 17 stab wounds, and Marge thinking the British term for “botulism” is “steak and kidney pie.”) and, of course, the heartwarming moment where Homer gives Lisa’s future finace his pig cuff links (even though he never wore those when he married Marge).

“Bart to the Future” wasn’t a masterpiece (Entertainment Weekly even said it was the worst episode ever, though I can think of worse episodes than this after seeing most of them on the Every Simpsons Ever marathon), but I just seem to like that episode more.

2. 20 March 2015 at 1:25 pm

Bart to the future..one of the very few bad episodes I kinda enjoy

21 March 2015 at 7:02 pm

The best future Bart (and the ONLY one there should be) is the Bart from Lisa’s Wedding. That’s it. All the other Barts are fraud.

• 6 Victor Dang
        21 March 2015 at 8:01 pm

I know one commenter in the Crazy Noises for “Bart to the Future” said that “Lisa’s Wedding” also apparently made reference to Bart’s future as Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, but did that really occur? I don’t remember that from the episode.

21 March 2015 at 9:32 pm

That was from “Itchy & Scratchy: The Movie”. Lest my memory fails though, someone should double check.

• 8 Victor Dang
            22 March 2015 at 2:27 pm

No, I know the original came from “I&S: The Movie” (and I guess so does the original commenter), but I thought he was saying that “Lisa’s Wedding” was making a reference back to that prediction. Course, he probably might be mistaken.

• 9 Victor Dang
            22 March 2015 at 6:01 pm

Oh shi****t, I found it:

Bart: Anyway, Hugh, there’s more to my life than just the wrecking ball: I also crush cars into cubes. And on the side, I promote local tough man contests. Basically, I’m getting out all my aggression ’till I go to law school.

It’s a very passing mention, but he does mention it. So yeah, still on that path towards the Supreme Court.

22 March 2015 at 8:10 pm

Wait, he was expecting to attend law school after having worked as some demolition laborer? What Chief Justice would that make?

3. 11 Captain Wacky
    20 March 2015 at 3:00 pm

A quote from Season 11? What happened to you Dead Homer Society, you used to be cool.

• 12 Victor Dang
      20 March 2015 at 3:24 pm

I’m pretty sure it’s supposed to be a juxtapose against the previous day’s QotD, FWIW.

But yeah, this episode ranks worse and worse in my mind the more I (try not to) think about it.

21 March 2015 at 7:04 pm

This website has become full of one-time commenters, all of them most likely hide under some little faggot’s identity, too afraid to create his or her own nickname for fuck’s sake. That’s the cancer killing DHS.

4. 20 March 2015 at 8:51 pm

Wow for a long time that was my goto for worst Simpsons episode.

20 March 2015 at 10:01 pm

This one was just terrible. Not so much in the “Hit the Alligator and Run” kind or way, but you could really tell they weren’t even trying to write a Half-way decent episode here. Like someone just slapped it together in 5 minutes.

21 March 2015 at 9:34 pm

I bet it wasn’t as terrible as “Why do they call her Miss Hoover?” joke from couple seasons back.

6. 27 March 2015 at 7:58 am

Did they explain why Flanders went blind in this one? I can’t remember (probably not, though).

Mr. Incognito on Quote of the Day