Apr

Burns' Heir14

“Careful, Smithers, that sponge has corners, you know.” – C.M. Burns
“I’ll go find a spherical one.” – Mr. Smithers

1. 14 April 2015 at 9:07 am

This is somewhat unrelated, but I just found this old Dead Homers comment thread:
    Was this “Maddox” jerk the same guy who runs that website (I think it’s called “The Best Page In The Universe”)?

• 2 Victor Dang
      14 April 2015 at 10:48 am

Not sure if it was him (this was quite a long while ago) unless the IP address banned was a Utah one. But I actually like the site and find it funny, so I’ll be a little sad if it was him and to find out he’s (was?) part of the Zombie horde.

• 14 April 2015 at 10:53 am

I would be more sad at the fact that this was his failed attempt at arguing something. My favorite part is when he says Charlie doesn’t have a response because he “knows [he’s] right”, despite his whole “argument” relying on the fact that there is no right/wrong opinions.

• 4 Smokin' Joe
      14 April 2015 at 10:56 am

Looking back at the comments by “Maddox”, their content and tone, as well as some of the other “people” agreeing with him (one of whom incidentally has the username “gravatarmysteryman”) I’d venture to say it’s all one individual who I’m sure still roams around in this comments section spouting off all sorts of nonsense and has what can safely be said as drug and/or alcohol-induced conversations with his/herself.

Also, I always get a kick out of these screenshots of Smithers with his always smiling face and bowtie. Guy just cracks me up.

End transmission.

• 14 April 2015 at 10:57 am

I love the visual of Burns for some reason needing a top hat to bathe.

• 6 Angelm Young
          14 April 2015 at 11:59 am

He’s rich enough and high enough in his ivory tower to get away with it. Plus, that’s a cliche with rich people in fiction. I remember a “Married…With Children” episode did that (it was the one where Al uses a credit card with Buck the dog’s name on it to get whatever he wants. There was a Simpsons episode from season eight that also used that premise).

• 14 April 2015 at 12:08 pm

I get that, but I just find it amusing to think at some point before this scene, Burns actually stopped and thought, “You know what this bath needs? A top hat”.

• 8 torbiecat
              15 April 2015 at 3:30 am

I could see myself doing something silly like that if I were rich. (I already do some pretty ridiculous things as it is.) I don’t know if that has anything to do with the fact that I supposedly have the same MBTI as Mr. Burns or not.

2. 10 Extra Fancy Potato Chips
    14 April 2015 at 10:57 am

Will 5 o’clock never come?

14 April 2015 at 9:26 pm

Is this the time when Smithers put a sponge so soaked on Burn’s forehead that he nearly drowned?

Charlie Sweatpants on Quote of the Day