May

Last Tap Dance in Springfield4

“You are now carrying my child.” – Eduardo
“But how?” – Lisa Bella
“It is the mystery of the dance.” – Eduardo

1. 1 Guff
    8 May 2015 at 9:05 am

This episode really sucked. But then again it was an older “zombified” Lisa-centric one, so yeah.

8 May 2015 at 9:09 am

This was one of the few enjoyable moments in an otherwise mediocre episode, from what I remember. But I’d still rather have a million of these than the crap they’re showing now.

3. 8 May 2015 at 10:11 am

A mediocre episode overall, but Tango De La Muerte is just a goldmine of great quotables.

“As your wise but alcoholic dance instructor…”
    “Once again, I must sugar my own churro.”
    “But where he died, I shall live…in his apartment.”

4. 5 Victor Dang
    8 May 2015 at 11:29 am

This episode might seem mediocre, but from the shitfest that is Season 11, it’s one hell of a standout for sure, especially coming right after that alligator episode (yeah, THAT one). Definitely wouldn’t feel out of place in Season 9 (not counting the obvious difference in animation and the weird (albeit quick) eye-crust thing with Homer).

Plus, I am grateful for this quote, for it has allowed me to skewer a pointless, almost soulless, voiced cameo from Allison in “Lard of the Dance”, in style:

Allison (emotionless, almost robotic voice): Don’t worry, Lisa. There’s still plenty of time. You’ll get a date.
    Lisa (Bella): But HOW?!
    Allison (off-kilter masculine voice): IT IS THE MYSTERY, OF THE DANCE!

*slide whistle plays as Allison’s animation cell travels skyward*
    –NOTE: Allison died on the way back to her home planet.–

• 6 Chief Piggum
      8 May 2015 at 11:36 am

Lol, wtf?

Side Note: I always had a major crush on Allison the minor character….the person who voiced her, not so much at all.

• 7 Victor Dang
      8 May 2015 at 10:18 pm

I also should’ve added a note above on Allison’s second line that it should be cheaply animated when she’s saying it, either only 2 frames TOTAL (opening & closing her mouth) or just having her open her mouth and letting the voice clip play, but ehh.

Anyways, point is, even though this comes in VERY late, standout quotes like these, along with a believable, non-wacky plot and a great performance by Tress MacNeille as Little Miss Vicki, make for a standout episode in the tail end of Season 11, especially after all those awful world-breaking episodes before it.

5. 8 May 2015 at 2:52 pm

My life is very interesting, I’ve seen a clown crying , I’ve seen a road made of diamonds with nobody on it.

6. 9 torbiecat
    9 May 2015 at 4:05 pm

I’m amazed at the number of people who like Little Vicki from this episode when I thought that she was pretty damn obnoxious to the point that she wasn’t funny. Then again, I guess my distaste for Shirley Temple runs so deep that even parodies of her rankles my nerves. Really, the funniest Shirley Temple-related thing on The Simpsons is when King Homer decides to have her as a snack in the third Treehouse of Horror.

• 10 Anonymous
      9 May 2015 at 11:00 pm

Yeah, that was great. I a los noticed that Shirley Temple in that story sounded like Martin Prince and the crowd looked bored and confused.

AMAZON RECIEPTS on Quote of the Day