Jun

Lisa's Sax15

“We’ve needed a new air conditioner for years!  And our stop gap solution is getting cranky.” – Homer Simpson

1. 1 Victor Dang
    5 June 2015 at 10:59 am

I’m still befuddled by whoever said here a while ago that “Lisa’s Sax” is mediocre. I think this episode is great, and I’m also glad it exists, for it finally gave us a look at Snowball I alive in the flesh (hey, these <em>’s don’t pay for themselves, you know) while the show was still good.

• 2 Victor Dang
      5 June 2015 at 11:03 am

On that note, though, I could’ve sworn Snowball I looked happier here in this scene when I rewatched it a while ago, however. But the whole thing pays off with her walking by nearly frozen later on, so it’s all good.

(And now I know where Simpsons Wiki/a based their image of Snowball I off of.)

• 3 Disenchanted Viewer
      5 June 2015 at 11:41 am

I definitely don’t dislike “Lisa’s Sax”, but it’s definitely the worst flashback episode aired up to that point, in my opinion (but I’m sure I’m not the only one thinking this). That said, the quality free fell from that point on and the following flashback episodes are ranging between horrible and unwatchable.

• 4 Noah P
      5 June 2015 at 5:37 pm

I like “Lisa’s Sax”, but I’ve noticed it tends to get a bad rep occasionally. I think it’s because it was aired in Season Nine, the otherwise fine season everyone hates because of one episode (cough, cough, Tamzarian, cough).
      If it was aired in Season Seven like it was intended to (apparently it was a holdover), I doubt anyone would ever criticize it.

5 June 2015 at 8:10 pm

I think people hate the episode because of the subplot where Bart’s kindergarten teacher berates him and calls him a failure while Lisa is shown to be a prodigy. At least TVTropes hates it, but that’s because the people on that site are a bunch of spineless pussies who never got over being social outcasts in high school.

5 June 2015 at 8:55 pm

You remind me of Batmite on that Batman show. A fucking arrogant fan with freudian impulses looking out too hard for things that were never there. Stop masturbating to the character cast already, it’s (it was) just another show. That’s it. Shearer quits, nobody gives a damn fuck. Learn to live your own lives, not the lives of some retiring celebrities.

• 7 Anonymous
          10 June 2015 at 5:09 pm

Stan, go DIAF already, you are consistently the worst poster here, without fail. Why haven’t they banned you yet?

10 June 2015 at 7:58 pm

It’s a free website, what do you expect? To shit on be because I’m driving you nuts, and then to hope that someone does something for you for free? Think before you type in my name in the “Name” field next time, because I might be as well the first to report you for that.

• 9 Bleeding Gums Murphy
      6 June 2015 at 7:00 am

It may be far better than the usual Season 9 episode, but it has its problems, from Homer’s blatant stealing of Ned’s air conditioner to the rather weak ending. It tries to be an emotional episode, like all the flashback episodes before, but it misses the emotional core you can find in “The Way We Was” or “And Maggie Makes Three”, and that’s a sign of lazier writting.

Plus its main theme (how Lisa got her sax) is nowhere as interesting as how Marge and Homer met or the events surrounding Lisa’s birth.

• 6 June 2015 at 8:10 am

The only thing about Lisa’s Sax that’s off to me is the sheer overload of extraneous jokes that have nothing to do with anything, to the point where the story keeps getting sidetracked every ten seconds or so. It’s a flashback episode about Lisa, and Lisa is only in about half of it – the rest is Bart in kindergarten, Homer wanting an air conditioner, and constant cutaways back to the present so Grandpa or Apu can do something random. The plot doesn’t even kick in until after two minutes of a full length All in the Family theme song parody and an extended potshot at the WB network.

All the 3Gxx episodes are where the flaws in Al Jean and Mike Reiss’s writing style began to become apparent – write a rudimentary plot, panic when you realize it only fills fifteen minutes, and cram the remaining seven with whatever random character business, cutaways, pop culture references, and extra long couch gags you can think of. Granted, when that random filler is funny, as it was in Seasons 3 and 4, then it works pretty well, but by this point it was just starting to get weird and distracting.

5 June 2015 at 11:46 am

Я ждал так чертовски долго, чтобы получить это от моей груди: вы, ребята, все долбанные идиоты. Я понятия не имею, почему я связать себя с вами срать лица.
    И вы не можете даже читать это, потому что ты слишком глуп, чтобы говорить по-русски!Идеальное преступление.
    =)

• 12 Stanislav
      5 June 2015 at 3:52 pm

Я ждал так чертовски долго, чтобы СНЯТЬ это С моей груди: вы, ребята, все долбанные идиоты. Я понятия не имею, почему я СВЯЗЯЛСЯ с ВАШИМИ СРАНЫМИ ЛИЦАМИ.
      И вы ДАЖЕ не СМОЖЕТЕ это ПРОЧЕСТЬ, потому что слишком ГЛУПЫ, чтобы ПОНИМАТЬ по-русски! Идеальное преступление.
      (=