Nov

When You Dish Upon a Star3

“Homer, um, most movie scripts are a hundred and twenty pages.  This is only seventeen, and several of the pages are just drawings of the time machine.” – Alec Baldwin

1. 1 Rob K.
    8 November 2015 at 2:36 pm

RIP Simpsons 1989-1998.

2. 8 November 2015 at 3:02 pm

At least they were still having fun with little details in the animation at this point. Nice touch with the pseudo-flux capacitor there.

3. 3 Stantastic
    8 November 2015 at 5:15 pm

No excuse for an episode tonight? Aww fuck you, I bought pot for nothing…
    Welp, on to reading me some Charlie Hebdo now.

4. 4 Victor Dang
    8 November 2015 at 9:29 pm

You know, it’s funny, based on the screen shot, I actually thought this was from the Mel Gibson episode (same color shirt and all) until I saw the caption below and realized it was from the Dish A Star one. I guess you could say it shows how interchangeable these two really are, with Homer sucking up to celebrities in both episodes.

And as always, my given excuse for this confusion is that I haven’t seen both of these in a long time, except for what I’ve read through DHS previews.

5. 5 Gina Brevin
    17 November 2015 at 4:42 am

While that is true (re: the scripts being 120 pages), story treatments (especially those that need pictures and diagrams to explain the technology used in the story or for world-building purposes) can be 17 pages long.

6. 6 Noah P
    17 November 2015 at 8:54 am

This was probably my favorite part of the episode. I’ve always liked how he included an umbrella in his design, because apparently that would do something to the time machine.

Steamed Hams on Quote of the Day