Dec

Miracle on Evergreen Terrace6

“Hocus pocus, mucus pukus, my powers of deduction tell me you’re getting a hand made sweater, possibly yellow.” – Bart Simpson
“Mom, make him stop!” – Lisa Simpson
“Bart, put down that yellow sweater.” – Marge Simpson

1. 1 acreatureididnotknow
    21 December 2015 at 10:58 am

This episode… So wrong in tone for a Christmas show. Nasty, mean-spirited and not even funny – this almost had me checking out for good. (Brawl in the Family finally did it.)

• 2 Gina Brevin
      21 December 2015 at 11:19 am

Agreed, but I did like the part where Marge loses so bad on Jeopardy that she now owes money to Alex Trebek (which I don’t think can happen in real life, but, that’s the joke) and the end where the family plays with the washcloth after the entire town loots their house was sweet in a twisted way (I can picture “The Amazing World of Gumball” doing something like that). Everything else felt like they took the Christmas episode from season one and made it more in-your-face (in a bad way).

• 3 acreatureididnotknow
        21 December 2015 at 12:35 pm

It’s not a total dead zone – I liked the Jeopardy joke too – but really it was the change in tone I couldn’t ignore. It was all wrong – more like a relatively tame episode of The McFarlane Show.

• 4 torbiecat
          26 December 2015 at 1:02 pm

The Jeopardy! Joke didn’t work for me because you can’t take part in Final Jeopardy! with a negative score. (Yeah, yeah. I know I am being anal-retentive.)

2. 21 December 2015 at 8:03 pm

Chronologically, it’s the first episode of the series that I not only genuinely dislike, but it actually makes me angry. I’ve never been a fan of stories where entire communities turn against one character for no good reason, mocking and shaming them when there’s nothing they can do about it. Just hits too close to home, I guess.

21 December 2015 at 8:07 pm

In case the internet asks:

Hank Azaria’s best performance –> stoned Wiggum from “Barthood”.
    Merry Christmas.

4. 4 January 2016 at 5:55 am

always i used to read smaller articles that as well clear their motive, and
    that is also happening with this piece of writing which I am reading
    now.