Dec

Marge Be Not Proud13

“Mom, this fake snow is making me dizzy.” – Lisa Simpson
“We’re almost finished.  There’s just a little bit of green left.” – Marge Simpson

1. 1 Zartok-35
    25 December 2015 at 11:02 am

Wouldn’t be a Mike Scully written episode without a “Lisa has a health problem” scene. This one has two, actually; the Eggnog/Chest pains bit as well.

• 2 Gina Brevin
      25 December 2015 at 11:50 am

And both parts were cut in syndication. I know this part was, but I was not aware of the eggnog/chest pains part until I got the season seven DVD set and now that’s my favorite part (if only because of Homer’s line about how eggnog is only available for 30 days out of the year before the government takes it away).

• 3 Gina Brevin
      25 December 2015 at 11:53 am

Lisa on Ice from season six didn’t have any scene of Lisa with a health problem (far as I can recall; it had Milhouse getting his teeth knocked out and Marge somehow getting them, then hiding them when Milhouse comes over with his dentist), unless I’m missing something. I guess the part where Lisa crumbles the academic alert about her failing gym class and throwing the paper away, only to miss it by a few feet (similar to how Mr. Burns threw the baseball in “Dancing Homer”) does suggest that she may have anemia or poor eyesight.

• 4 Anonymous
      25 December 2015 at 2:07 pm

“…I can see through time”

• 26 December 2015 at 12:24 pm

Damn… I’ve never realized that he seemed to have a thing for writing Lisa in some sort physical anguish. Weird.

• 6 Zartok-35
        26 December 2015 at 6:49 pm

In ‘Lisa’s Rival’, she’s the first to complain about her teeth when Homer cooks with the sugar.

2. 26 December 2015 at 8:38 am

Fantastic detail with the spoiled family portraits from earlier still hanging on the wall next to the stairs. Never noticed that before.

Ryan on Quote of the Day