Jan

Sunday Preview: Much Apu About Something

Much_Apu_About_Something_promo_2

Sanjay passes his stake in the Kwik-E-Mart to his millennial son, Jay, who turns it into a hip, health food market against Apu’s insistence on tradition. Bart, whom Homer had convinced to give up pranking, is called upon to return to his trickster life and take down the new store.

I will say that it’s good to know that the current waiting period to shit all over your own house is 19 years, 8 months. That was when “Much Apu about Nothing” aired.  I know this isn’t the first time zombie simpsons has parodied a Simpsons parodied title, but this is the first time it has bothered me for some reason. Anyway enjoy. Charlie tells me we have a few week’s reprieve after this one.

29 Responses to “Sunday Preview: Much Apu About Something”

1. 1 Victor Dang
    17 January 2016 at 7:42 pm

I actually like that they’re parodying actual Simpsons titles now. It serves as a great reminder to watch those episodes instead.

2. 17 January 2016 at 8:27 pm

Millennial Indian has Aziz Ansari written all over it. I hope a story comes out that they tried to get Aziz to voice Jay but he refused and told them to keep an eye out for a certain episode of Master of None. Also if you have Netflix and haven’t seen Master of None what are you doing watching ZS?

• 3 Sarah J
      17 January 2016 at 8:46 pm

The guy who plays Anush on that show is distractingly hot.

17 January 2016 at 10:19 pm

I don’t have Netflix because it takes your cash for nothing, and I don’t give two shits about most of today’s shows. Also, I have no clue who “millenials” are, and am sure as fuck not striving to find out.

• 7 RaikoLives
        19 January 2016 at 9:50 am

What’s saddest about your comment is three-fold. Firstly, they take your money so as to provide you with a wide variety of shows available whenever you want them. Secondly, they create new content (most of which has been pretty damn good) and third? Well, you get access to not just new shows but a whole bunch of OLD shows which, curmudgeon that you claim to be, should find entertaining.

Also, millenials is the name given to the group of people born around the turn of the millenium, or grew up in that time at least, most of whom are in their late teens, early/mid 20’s now. So basically they’re the one’s who’ve changed what “it” is, meaning most of us are now “with” something that’s no longer “it”, and what IS “it” is indeed strange, which is why Simpsons writers can’t write a decent show about “it”.

• 8 calonordic
          19 January 2016 at 11:34 pm

The millennials will feel the same way as us eventually though.

20 January 2016 at 10:02 pm

I like it when people get spunky around my comments, because nowadays, there’s society, and then there’s me. And if society thinks that it can change itself like a virus because “cool kids” are the dominant part – I’ll pass on without a speck of that liberal shit in me. Ever since the year 2000 came on, everything’s been just downhill. But that’s another story.

Now, onto your comment. I own no TV so nobody “takes my money” for anything. If I need to watch something, I pirate it. Checkmate. Yes, I’m saying this in the open because I don’t give a fuck. It’s the thrill of not giving money to capitalist whores that powers it. And the thought of having everything to me at a fingersnap only because I pay for it. See how far this pro-Western mentality went? People used to work at factories and live for 60 years, now then poop, take pictures, and earn millions at “viral” whatever. Without lifting their fingers. Hey, I’m not preventing the world at self-destruction, but please, keep me out of it.

I do enjoy the old shows alright, but their existence has nothing to do with millennials, Netflix and a bunch of scammers behind just waiting for your cash. And my own “it” never changes in the same direction, in fact, I prefer to live my life like a bohemian person only to renounce to licking buttholes for money. And if you think I’m joking, I’m making donations to projects like Wikipedia. They are the ones deserving funding, not destructogenetic science and hadron colliders. And especially not the cure for cancer, so envied by fat people too lazy to lose some fucking weight.

But hey. Thanks for lifting some of this off my shoulders. Writing does relieve me.

3. 12 Sarah J
    17 January 2016 at 8:48 pm

ZS has parodied hipster food/markets before. Can’t imagine they’re gonna do anything new this time around.

17 January 2016 at 10:20 pm

You know why they’re still making episodes? It’s because you won’t quit. You all keep watching this shit, and they keep producing. And worst of all, there is talk on the internet. That’s what they want: you watch it and then you discuss it. Unless these individuals are either disfigured or their careers ruined, they will keep their fucking jobs.

• 14 Al Gore Doll
      18 January 2016 at 1:36 am

Pretty sure because it’s a weekly advertisement for Simpsons merchandise. One cranky blog isn’t going to justify a bad show. Millions in merchandising revenue does.

18 January 2016 at 4:05 am

If I were a zombie, I wouldn’t get tricked into buying another freemium shit (or a pair of Homer slippers) simply because I saw something that Sunday night.
        But then again, I don’t crave for brains… pot… so.

• 16 Sarah J
      22 January 2016 at 1:55 am

Ratings are at an all-time low. I have a hard time believing that this blog is keeping the show around.

5. 17 ecco6t9
    17 January 2016 at 11:36 pm

It took six minutes for this episode to derail. Usually it’s 90 seconds.

6. 18 FireFlower
    18 January 2016 at 9:07 am

Isn’t Sanjay’s son suppose to be only three or four years old?

• 19 Frank
      18 January 2016 at 9:34 am

heh, I was just going to ask how they explain that Apu’s kids have aged while Bart, Lisa and Expecting haven’t.
      But then I realize that they do this by making it Sanjay’s son, Apu’s nephew.

• 20 Frank
        18 January 2016 at 9:38 am

oh wait, you just mentioned that Sanjay’s son is supposed to be 3-4 yrs.
        Oh well, scratch that theory

• 21 Brad M
          18 January 2016 at 12:55 pm

Haven’t seen the new episode, but couldn’t Sanjay have more than one son?

• 22 Noah P
            18 January 2016 at 2:25 pm

Both of Sanjay’s sons we saw were named Jamshed/Jay for short, so unless he gives all of his kids identical names then it’s the same guy.

• 23 acreatureididnotknow
              18 January 2016 at 5:11 pm

“How I have waited for this day!”

18 January 2016 at 6:25 pm

Who’s Sanjay? That bald relative of Apu who ran the store once?

• 25 acreatureididnotknow
                  19 January 2016 at 1:32 am

Yeah – he most sticks in my memory for celebrating with Apu when Marge was arrested.

• 26 RaikoLives
                    19 January 2016 at 9:43 am

They were putting that bitch on ice!

He’s usually nearby when Apu has to exposit something about the shop before something terrible happens. For example, when Apu realised no one was minding the store and Snake towed it away.

7. 27 Marina
    19 January 2016 at 11:26 am

The only thing from this episode that stuck with me was how Sanjay’s outfit changed between shots. He’s wearing the Kwik-e-Mart uniform when looking at the Playdude magazine, cut to Apu almost getting hit by Wiggum’s tank, back to Sanjay wearing his purple shirt and white jacket. Zombie Simpsons is unbelievable.

Anonymous on Behind Us Forever: Springfield…
NES Boy on Behind Us Forever: Springfield…
Bleeding Gums Murphy on Behind Us Forever: Springfield…
Bleeding Gums Murphy on Quote of the Day