May

Sunday Preview: Orange is the New Yellow

Simprovised_promo_3

When Marge gets arrested for letting Bart go to the park unsupervised, she serves time only to realize that prison is a welcome break from the demands of her life as a mom and wife. In her absence, Homer struggles to manage all of the parenting responsibilities that Marge usually handles.

This plot certainly sounds very familiar. But who cares if we already did this story, Orange is the New Black is really popular, and considering we’ve got Simpsonized versions of Red and Suzanne in this promo image, I’m sure we’re in for plenty of OITNB references thinly disguised as jokes.

17 Responses to “Sunday Preview: Orange is the New Yellow”

1. 1 Tom S. Fox
    22 May 2016 at 9:05 am

I think I already know what the Compare & Contrast is going to be.

2. 2 Kent Brockmen
    22 May 2016 at 12:34 pm

Haha, i’m laughing already.

3. 9 acreatureididnotknow
    22 May 2016 at 4:44 pm

Rancho Relaxo has changed a bit.

4. 10 RK
    22 May 2016 at 5:13 pm

Mike, a hero of the internet and such, I hope you agree with me that The Simpsons will last as long as SNL.

5. 11 FireFlower
    22 May 2016 at 7:54 pm

Yet another so-called parody of a show I don’t give a crap about….that’s the third one this season!

I think next season will mostly be Simpsonized episodes of someother show. They haven’t done Empire yet and that is also on Fox.

6. 12 Monty Python Forever
    22 May 2016 at 10:31 pm

I never saw Orange is the New Black, but this episode seemed very good: I laughed at the courtroom scene, Homer’s visions of himself as as a housewife, the prisoner drinking pruno reminding Marge of Maggie, the guard accidentally shooting himself, Wiggum’s confusion over his son’s name, Marge using her hair as a bludgeon, the prisoner associating the library with using drugs, Homer not understanding what dishwashing powder does, and plenty more of the jokes. It ended abruptly, but the story was mostly coherent. I know the first episode where Marge goes to jail is better, one of my favorites, but this is still a fun episode.

7. 15 Monty Python Forever
    22 May 2016 at 11:56 pm

I have some links for the next list of links, as that article is not letting me post them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moTcZCGQoCU https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b6apBXG7QM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkUITj00SMo

I put that last link in because of the cromulent word, but I also strongly recommend the Xenoblade Chronicles games. I was playing X and also beat the Super Nintendo Parodius games recently, and both were strange and challenging classics.

8. 16 Disenchanted Viewer
    23 May 2016 at 8:22 pm

I didn’t watch this episode, but from what I read it had a riot in a prison and a tornado conveniently appearing and magically disappearing in order to forward the plot. I guess the life of a writer is very easy in season 27.
    The episode was credited to Eric Horsted, ex-writer of ‘Futurama’. Now, anybody would think that if someone is a good writer for a certain show doesn’t mean he is automatically a good writer for another show, especially when the 2 shows are as different as ‘Futurama’ and ‘The Simpsons’ are. But this simple, straightforward argument clearly conflicts with Al Jean’s policy “anybody is good enough to write an episode”. And this is what we have.
    I don’t like to quote Nielsen numbers before they are final, but they appear to be low.

• 17 Bleeding Gums Murpht
      23 May 2016 at 8:50 pm

Lower your quality standards. Once you’ve done that you can go on forever.

Golden Shades on Quote of the Day