Oct

Sunday Preview “Treehouse of Horror XXVII”

In this annual Halloween-themed episode, Mr. Burns holds a Hunger Games-style contest in which the children of Springfield battle each other. Also, Lisa’s imaginary friend becomes jealous of her real friends, and Moe tells Bart that the bar patrons are really covert agents.

When I was a kid, THOH was a close to Halloween as possible. This 2 week out crap is a crock. Why even do it? No one would notice if you stopped kicking the corpse of what was (albeit 20 years ago) a holiday institution for people my age. Also it sounds like it is going to suck anyway. Probably. I didn’t actually read the episode description that I cut and pasted above.

14 Responses to “Sunday Preview “Treehouse of Horror XXVII””

1. 1 Ambrose "Ambi" Roosevelt
    17 October 2016 at 1:51 am

Not to go off-topic, but I got more laughs, emotion, and some scares out of this episode of “The Amazing World of Gumball” (probably the only family sitcom I know of besides Bob’s Burgers to carry on the classic Simpsons’ spirit)…http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4xeb5l_the-amazing-world-of-gumball-the-choices-s5e6_tv

…than I would have from this mound of pigshit comically dressed up as a television episode. How long until FOX decides to shut it down? Or is it going to go on even after the original voice actors die?

• 2 Ambrose "Ambi" Roosevelt
      17 October 2016 at 1:55 am

And if any of you find that Gumball episode to be “sappy, manipulative drivel” (to use a Simpsons line), then I hope that one day, you’ll realize you’ve wasted your life watching bad Simpsons episodes when there are plenty of good TV shows out there (and non-TV-related stuff to do in the world), break down into a crippling depression, and slash your wrists with your Simpsons DVDs. Remember: horizontal for attention, vertical for results.

2. 5 madeofghosts
    17 October 2016 at 4:52 am

None of those even sound like horror stories.

3. 6 Kiler Meteor
    17 October 2016 at 6:00 am

By comparison, this month’s Simpsons Comics issue has amusing parodies of Gremlins and Fritz Lang’s Metropolis, plus a Rapture story!

4. 7 FireFlower
    17 October 2016 at 9:13 am

I actually watched this one….and it only reminded me I stopped watching the new episodes.

WHY did they combine The Hunger Games with Mad Max? It made no sense!

• 8 FireFlower
      17 October 2016 at 11:27 am

I meant to write it reminded me WHY I stopped watching the new episodes!

I also want to add that a parody of James Bond was done so much better and funnier in Season Eight.

• 9 Cal
        17 October 2016 at 2:07 pm

That segment was more a parody of “Kingsman: The Secret Service” than James Bond. It was still terrible, of course.

17 October 2016 at 1:17 pm

So speaking of Halloween, it’s the middle of October, Charlie. When are we getting some actual Halloween posts?

I’d like to see your opinion on the THOH from S13. It’s the last one I watch (though I hate S12’s) and the only S13 episode I’ll touch. Sure, it had its weak points (constantly vomiting frog abomination), but it also gave us unexplained bacon and Slithers eating Lord Montymort (and it actually took me a while to realize how dirty that was).

• 11 The Artist Formerly Known As Bleeding Gums Murphy
      17 October 2016 at 4:23 pm

I checked Amato’s blog, because at that point in the series the ToH specials were interchangeable.

I always liked the Pierce Brosnan segment as a kid, but back then I watched Scully and Jean era episodes without problems. However, I remember not liking Scully era and later episodes as much as earlier episodes, and yet I remember not disliking the Brosnan segment as much. The gypsy segment was boring, though, and I forgot they made a Harry Potter parody.

Also, Slithers eating Montymort? Talk about beating a dead horse…

• 13 madeofghosts
      18 October 2016 at 9:39 am

I actually found ToH XXIII surprisingly bearable (minus the Paranormal Activity segment)

18 October 2016 at 3:49 pm

That fight scene had some awful animation in it. What was with Nelson basically flying? They couldn’t show the corpses a different way?

The Artist Formerly… on Quote of the Day
Bleeding Gums Murphy on Quote of the Day
Sarah J on Quote of the Day
Concerned Citizen on Quote of the Day
Anonymous on Behind Us Forever: Dogtow…