Mar

sunriseatcampobello

“In culture, dead last…” – Kent Brockman
“Eleanor, we’ve got to do something about this Depression. So I propose . . . oh, that’s right, I’m crippled.” – Krusty the Klown

1. 1 Gabbo
    5 March 2017 at 2:11 pm

I love the fact that it seems the two most famous people in the town are a clown and a stripper. I always assumed that was part of the uncultured joke anyways. Always so many layers of details back then.

• 2 Victor D
      5 March 2017 at 10:09 pm

I never even noticed that was Princess Kashmir playing as Eleanor Roosevelt until now. Wow, talk about hidden detail.

• 3 Anonymous
        7 March 2017 at 12:30 pm

But are we sure that’s her? I can see the resemblance, but there are lots of instances of minor or background characters looking similar to more well-known characters. There’s also this shot of a character that looks almost exactly like Kent Brockman (and vaguely like Homer’s former secretary Karl) in “Marge vs. the Monorail” while Kent is interviewing celebrities.

• 6 March 2017 at 11:31 am

>I love the fact that it seems the two most famous people in the town are a clown and a stripper.

Then what about Rainier Wolfcastle (though I think some later episodes that didn’t entirely suck [read: the ones made before the movie] established that Rainier Wolfcastle’s career is in the toilet due to a divorce, playing crappy parts in movies, and impending bankruptcy) or Troy McClure (though it was established that Troy McClure’s career died due to that rumor about the sexual things he does to fish and that he only married Selma to distract people from those rumors)? So…yeah, that is kinda sad that a semi-literate TV show clown and a bachelor party belly dancer (who also strips at clubs; originally Princess Kashmir was going to be a stripper, but the FOX censors at the time objected) are the only famous people in Springfield…at least until the endless celebrity cameos started rolling in.

2. 5 Noah B.
    5 March 2017 at 9:15 pm

I assume the Behind Us Forever of Not Kamp Krusty is coming tomorrow, maybe Tuesday.

3. 6 Dman
    6 March 2017 at 8:05 am

I actually thought the episode last night started well. The first part up to the commercial break was pretty good (for zombie simpsons) and things were setting up in an interesting way, then it kind of dove off a cliff. I dunno. At least that’s what I remember thinking last night. Like usual for this show I can’t remember much about it upon waking up the next day.

4. 7 Tipsy McStagger
    6 March 2017 at 9:17 am

Love how Krusty didn’t change his appearance whatsoever to play FDR.

Sarah J on Quote of the Day
Concerned Citizen on Quote of the Day
Anonymous on Behind Us Forever: Dogtow…
Victor D on Quote of the Day