Mar

Sunday Preview:  22 for 30

Bart goes from delinquent with detention to the star basketball player at Springfield Elementary!

I don’t watch a lot of sports analysis on tv, but I do enjoy the occasional ESPN 30 for 30. I don’t know where this is going tonight, or why a short, fat, yellow kid from the suburbs is on it, but here we are.  Also apparently the mafia is the involved, so we got that going for us too.

7 Responses to “Sunday Preview:  22 for 30”

1. 1 Dman
    12 March 2017 at 8:35 pm

This may have been the worst episode of the season yet. Awful.

I chuckled a bit at the La Coffee Nostra sign gag. That was it.

I’m really starting to question my decision to watch the new episodes when they premier. I started middle of last season after not following this show for quite a few years. Should’ve stayed away.

2. 2 Alex
    12 March 2017 at 10:10 pm

Now they are ripping off the anime Slam Dunk. Why ZS, why?

13 March 2017 at 8:52 am

It had some “Behind the laughter” feeling going for it. While the use of different formats like this is almost all they have left creatively, it still ended up being poor.

13 March 2017 at 10:54 am

“is the involved”?

Oh look, another “Simpsons character becomes good at something instantly” episode. Yawn.

Remember when this was a celebrated family of losers?

5. 5 Monty Python Forever
    15 March 2017 at 3:22 am

I actually liked this one, though I recently watched pointless, creatively bankrupt shit like Logan, Kamp Krustier and the television show Taken, so I definitely massively brained my damage. Things that made me laugh include:

Willy’s lame excuse for doing nothing while the bees attack Skinner.
    Krusty having a list of outdated, unfunny references.
    Abe Simpson: Retired bag boy.
    Skinner destroying everything even metaphorically associated with knives.
    Cannoli is an angel’s bone marrow.
    Bart cutting one net and running the school’s budget for ten years.
    Lou revealing all of Fat Tony’s embarrassing personal life.
    Fat Tony claiming not to be making illicit money while openly wearing a fur coat and having another gangster wearing a jetpack.
    Springfield Elementary going 90 years without any award.
    A lifeguard claiming running is harmless and doing nothing while Bart is covered in blood.
    Cutting from Lisa preparing to play saxophone music to grandpa sitting motionless.
    “Jesus saves, Bart shaves.
    Homer doing nothing as a coach but choking Bart.
    D-Student Knows O-ffense.
    Boy Scores 50, On Court and On Test.
    Student Makes Rare Appearance in Class.
    Moe: The low bar for weirdness. I am not counting this as an explained joke because I think the intended joke is that not even Moe realizes the shittiness of his bar.
    Bart saying he is Milhouse scared is funny, though Milhouse complaining about constantly jump cutting to him was a little too close to breaking the fourth wall.
    Square dancing in the school.

Logan is a fucking piece of shit though, reverse the reviews for that and X-Men Apocalypse and you will have the harsh and disturbing truth.

6. 15 March 2017 at 4:18 pm

I almost always hate sports episodes of shows. Whatever enjoyment people get out of these, I don’t. Very rarely, they can be fun to non-sports people. Like in the early Simpsons episodes. Homer at the Bat sounds like it should be terrible –a baseball episode filled with celebrity guests– but they made it work.
    This one was standard “forget it all the next day” Zombie Simpsons.

7. 7 Cal
    21 March 2017 at 5:45 pm

Just noticed this, but how high is that damn basketball hoop? Bart and the black kid look like they’ve jumped about a dozen feet up, yet the blond kid looks like he’s standing on the ground and the Asian kid is standing on his tippy-toes.

Golden Shades on Quote of the Day