Apr

“Hey, kid, that’s for customers only!” – Squeaky Voiced Teen
“Did you know there’s a guy outside handing out free stridex pads?” – Bart Simpson
“Wow, I’m in pizzaface paradise!” – Squeaky Voiced Teen
“Moron.” – Bart Simpson

1. 1 April 2017 at 9:15 am

Oh please. We all know Bart couldn’t fool his mother on the foolingest day of his life if he had an electrified fooling machine. Now we’re expected to believe he fooled an alternative version of the squeaky-voiced teen with the promise of free acne pads? Boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

• 2 Victor D
      1 April 2017 at 4:03 pm

Speaking of blunders… tagging this post with a 6 for some reason? Boy I hope somebody got fired for that!

2. 3 Gabbo
    1 April 2017 at 12:13 pm

A few years ago I had the ol sugar-me-do pulled on me by my room mate. I haven’t spoken to him since.

• 4 Dman
      2 April 2017 at 8:55 am

Hope you got back at him with a cobra in the drawer.

Of course, that’s not as bad as getting the sugar-me-do.

3. 5 Victor D
    1 April 2017 at 4:06 pm

I like how they didn’t rely on the “Squeaky Voiced Teen” character template for this one and actually made a new character portrait, all while keeping the same voice to preserve the joke.

Also, thank jebus you guys did the joke with Chief Wiggum already.

“We need pretzels, repeat, pretzels!”

4. 3 April 2017 at 12:32 pm

Apparently, in the whole history of The Simpsons, this was the only time that a company actually sent the writers a gift for mentioning their product in the show. Evidently it doesn’t take much to flatter the Stridex people. Bill Oakley has mentioned on countless DVD commentaries that he and Josh Weinstein crammed in as many jokes about brand names as they could think of in episodes thereafter, in the hopes of getting more free stuff from people, but it never happened. So if you were wondering where the idea came from to stop a whole episode dead in its tracks so the Simpsons can sing the entire Armour hot dog jingle, there you go.

There was an instance much later where a company called Breathasure (which I’ve never heard of and I assume makes mouthwash and other related stuff) sent the writers a nice bribery gift basket and a letter actually asking for their product to be mentioned on the show. Mike Scully pitched the idea of Homer off-handedly saying “Hey Marge, did you hear Breathasure causes cancer?”

• 7 Ryan
      5 April 2017 at 9:32 am

Everyone knows that story.

• 8 Anonymous
        5 April 2017 at 4:41 pm

Holy shi… I… I need a moment.

Thank you, Ryan.

Before I read your comment, my life was hopeless. I was on the verge of clinical depression; I had no reason. No purpose. I suspected nothing… NOTHING… would help me regain that will to live, a raison d’etre.

But then…

You commented “everyone knows that story”. And… and I’m just so glad you did that when you did.

Thank you for commenting this, Ryan. The world would truly be a worse place if you hadn’t. Had you not decided to be an unprovoked dick to this guy sharing a story he thought was interesting, nothing would have changed. This comment has had a huge impact.

Thank you, Ryan.

God bless you.

• 9 Ryan
          6 April 2017 at 6:53 am

It doesn’t matter what you say, if you type 10x the amount of the “troll”, you objectively look retarded.

• 10 Comment Rater
            6 April 2017 at 11:41 am

1.5/10

Notes:

-Used “trol” unironically
            -“Objectively” looks retarded implies that you are the lone wolf finding it retarded

• 11 A. Oakley
      12 April 2017 at 8:43 am

>Bill Oakley has mentioned on countless DVD commentaries that he and Josh Weinstein crammed in as many jokes about brand names as they could think of in episodes thereafter, in the hopes of getting more free stuff from people, but it never happened. So if you were wondering where the idea came from to stop a whole episode dead in its tracks so the Simpsons can sing the entire Armour hot dog jingle, there you go.

Man, this show is show is a classic example of “What Not to Do When Writing A Sitcom”.

Bleeding Gums Murphy on Quote of the Day