Jun

“Well, look at the bright side, Moe: you still got us.” – Barney Gumble
“Yeah. You know, that actually makes me a little better.” – Moe
“Why? That was the problem in the first place. You were going broke because we were your only customers. Wasn’t that the problem in the first place? That you were going broke? Moe? Moe? Hey, Moe! Oh, you’re thinking about all the money you blew, aren’t you? What was it, fifty? Sixty thousand dollars? . . . Moe? Look, maybe it would help if we went over all the mistakes you made from the beginning. . . . Moe?” – Homer Simpson
“What!?” – Moe
“Lemme get a pad.” – Homer Simpson

Happy birthday, Greg Daniels!

1. 13 June 2017 at 11:08 am

As always, thank god for the DVDs. This whole bit is cut in syndication, and I didn’t get to see it until I bought Season 7.

• 2 Charlie Sweatpants
      13 June 2017 at 5:31 pm

Really? That’s a shame. This is one of my favorite jokes in the episode. A transcript just can’t do justice to Castellaneta’s delivery. It’s Homer at his best: unthinkingly being the biggest jerk in the room. He even thinks he’s being helpful!

• 3 Anonymous
      14 June 2017 at 10:35 am

I guess now that I have season 7 on DVD, I need to watch these. I keep noticing new syndication cuts, most likely for extra commercial time, on some of the episodes I have recorded that weren’t there before and it’s annoying as hell. There were a few in the Radioactive Man recording I watched not too long ago, for example.

• 4 Rob K.
        18 June 2017 at 6:19 pm

Same here. Damn syndication cuts. It’s like almost watching a new episode though or extra scenes on DVD when you discover them.

2. 5 Disenchanted Viewer
    13 June 2017 at 4:58 pm

Great episode!
    It’s well-rounded, with likable characterizations and one of the funniest B story in the series.
    I don’t remember the A and the B stories ever intersecting, but I’m not going to watch it soon to check.

• 6 Charlie Sweatpants
      13 June 2017 at 5:32 pm

“I don’t remember the A and the B stories ever intersecting”

They don’t really, except for the fact that it’s at Moe’s restaurant that Lisa finally breaks Bart and makes him run off in search of his soul. Which leads to another fantastic Castellaneta delivery about eating Bart’s spaghetti and Moe balls.

Ryan on Quote of the Day