Sep

“We’ll return for the remainder of the conclusion after these messages.” – TV Announcer
“Well, I’d rather get a message than see another lousy commercial.” – Homer Simpson

5 September 2017 at 11:22 am

Doing a lot of quotes from 9 and 10 lately, eh? I’m trying not to complain about them so much, but I’m starting to realize how many I hate now. There are some that are still watchable, and even the stupid ones seem to have a few good jokes, but for me personally, I think I’d call 8 the last “good” season overall.

• 2 Alicia Sammon
      8 September 2017 at 12:43 am

Same here, but the first “Every Simpsons Ever” marathon that FXX aired showed me that, while seasons 9 and 10 (and even 11 and 12) sucked, there were at least some watchable episodes (I liked “HOMR” [the “Homer becomes smart after he gets a crayon stuck in his head removed” episode] “Worst Episode Ever” [the one where Bart and Milhouse work at the Comic Book Guy’s store, if only for the part where Bart finds a copy of “Godfather III” that’s actually the good version], the one that showed Bart’s day, Homer’s day, and Lisa’s day interconnected in a send-up of “Run Lola Run,” the one where Flanders creates the Christian theme park, the Christmas episode where the kids are snowed in, and the one where Homer cares for the neighborhood kids and his own kids make him out to be the drunk jerkass he is — or became, at least) and everything after the season 13 episode “Brawl in the Family” (the one that pretty much recycled plot points from “Home Sweet Home Diddly Dum Doodly” and the one that predicted the plot to “The Hangover” 10 years before it happened [“Viva Ned Flanders”]) is pretty much where the show should have stopped if FOX insisted on pushing it past its breaking point.

• 3 Anonymous
        8 September 2017 at 11:44 am

I used to somewhat like, or at least tolerate, many of the episodes you listed, but now I avoid them like the plague except “Trilogy of Error” (the “Run Lola Run” episode) and occasionally “Skinner’s Sense of Snow” (snowed in during Christmas).

I tried watching “Worst Episode Ever” a while back just because I remember liking drunk Mr. Rogers, and still do, but the rest of the episode is almost unbearable (okay, good “Godfather III” is kind of funny) to sit through when I could just try to find a youtube clip of that scene instead. And while there may be a couple good jokes in “I’m Goin’ to Praiseland” and “HOMR”, and “Viva Ned Flanders” taught me what RU-486 was, I just can’t bring myself to watch them anymore. I guess everyone’s tolerance levels are different, but the one thing most of us here can agree on is that Zombie Simpsons hasn’t been funny in many years and needs to die already.

2. 5 Concerned DHS reader
    7 September 2017 at 12:37 pm

“You are watching FOX” (c)

• 6 Alicia Sammon
      8 September 2017 at 12:45 am

“We are watching FOX”

But, seriously, that’s “Joy of Sect” (the Movementarian episode, which may or may not have originally been about Lisa joining the Church of Scientology, but was scrapped because they didn’t want to risk Nancy Cartwright leaving like Trey Parker and Matt Stone did with Isaac Hayes).

3. 15 September 2017 at 7:23 pm

Good web site you’ve got here.. It’s hard to find good quality writing like yours these days.
    I really appreciate people like you! Take care!!

Steamed Hams on Quote of the Day