Jan

“Hey, kids, while Sideshow Mel mops up, let’s see the names of our Krusty Birthday Pals for today!” – Krusty the Klown
“Alright, here comes my name! . . . Wow! Best eight bucks I ever spent.” – Bart Simpson

Happy birthday, Al Jean!

9 January 2018 at 10:30 am

Hmm, looks more digital/CG than normal in one of these earlier episodes.

Hey Charlie, with Sessions’ latest crusade against weed kicking off, maybe you could use the “legalize it” quote from “Bart to the Future”.

(And I say this as someone who doesn’t use the stuff and is generally a fence-sitter on the whole issue.)

2. 2 Al Jean
    9 January 2018 at 11:45 am

Thank you!

• 3 Bleeding Gums Murphy
      9 January 2018 at 4:19 pm

I don’t believe you’re the real Al Jean.

• 4 Anonymous
        10 January 2018 at 7:24 am

I mean, Al’s verified Twitter has acknowledged this site’s existence numerous times and commented on here before, so this is likely him

• 5 Anonymous
          10 January 2018 at 9:48 am

I still find it unlikely, unless maybe he posts a tweet verifying this. Anybody can make up a name here.

• 6 Bleeding Gums Murphy
            10 January 2018 at 11:05 am

Exactly. I know he had posted here twice (when he confirmed the show would continue for two additional seasons and another time I can’t remember), but I have seen “Al Jean” comments several more times, with no reason to believe it’s the genuine article.

• 7 Anonymous
              10 January 2018 at 4:22 pm

What would a troll possibly gain by saying “thank you” to a birthday post in character as the guy being wished happy birthday. It’d be pointless to fake being him in this case

• 8 Bleeding Gums Murphy
                10 January 2018 at 7:48 pm

It’s a Simpsons site. And a popular one. Remember Stan?

• 9 Anonymous
                  10 January 2018 at 9:34 pm

Ok but Stan had an actual account, whereas “Al Jean” isn’t registered.

For the sake of argument, let’s say it is a troll and they begin commenting here more frequently because everyone bought them saying “thank you”. Each individual comment would therefore have no credibility because they have no registered account; it’s all anonymous aside from the username. Any would-be troll has nothing to gain from this

9 January 2018 at 2:50 pm

Looks more like Brad Storch

4. 13 Al Jean
    9 January 2018 at 10:07 pm

Yes it’s the real me. Thanks for your devotion to the Simpsons whatever seasons you prefer.

• 14 The Artist Formerly Known as NOT DUSTIN HOFFMAN
      11 January 2018 at 3:03 pm

(Lol I feel like one of the kids talking to Scott Calvin in The Santa Clause but I am going to say it because I have faith it is the real Al Jean.) Season 4 is my favourite season of The Simpsons and one of my favourite seasons of any TV show ever. Thank you for playing your part in giving me and my brother awesome childhood memories of watching The Simpsons together at my grandparents house. We still quote hundreds of lines whenever we are together. x