Mar

“Of all the terrible things you’ve ever done in your life, this is the worst, the most despicable.” – Marge Simpson
“But, Marge, I swear to you: I never thought you’d find out!” – Homer Simpson

21 March 2018 at 10:26 am

As always, Classic Simpsons was ahead of its time.

• 2 Bleeding Gums Murphy
      21 March 2018 at 7:46 pm

Not really Classic Simpsons. This episode is full of Jerkass Homer. It’s still pretty funny, though.

• 3 Ryan
        21 March 2018 at 8:57 pm

For real? I know im considered a “troll” here but I consider this the last classic/perfect episode. Everyones totally in character, even that regular looking oreo.

• 4 Anonymous
        22 March 2018 at 10:30 am

Close enough, I’d say. Homer is a jerkass here, but generally more of a funny one than an annoying one, at least to me. The ending was kind of a mess, but I’d say it’s an enjoyable episode overall.

• 5 Bleeding Gums Murphy
          23 March 2018 at 7:14 pm

I would like to agree, but Homer intentionally lying to Marge about a serious promise he has made is too questionable for me based on Homer’s earlier characterizations. He also broke a promise in “The War of the Simpsons” but in that one he didn’t want to break it and got so excited he forgot about Marge.

What it makes me give a pass is the amount of great jokes here, almost all of them surrounding Homer. The motel, for example, is fantastic (“No, go back to sleep”, “Vote Quimby”, “WHY WON’T IT STOP”), save the rushed ending. The drop in quality in Season 9 is very pronounced, very few episodes in 9 are as funny as this one.

22 March 2018 at 10:27 pm

As a south american i’ll always love this episode for it’s hilarious depiction of football.

3. 7 Boourns
    31 March 2018 at 4:27 pm

If you watch the crowd shots in the NRA meeting scene, Marge can be seen hootering and cheering with the rest of them. A goof, or a foreshadowing of the closing scene? You be the judge!