Jun

“This is incredible. It’s God’s most wondrous miracle.” – Mayor Quimby
“Sir, I think your wife wants to hold the baby.” – Nurse
“My wife? Where? Where!” – Mayor Quimby

27 June 2018 at 10:59 am

Another amusing syndication cut I’ve never seen before.

• 2 Todd Flanders
      29 June 2018 at 3:45 am

My most hated syndicated cut was in “You Only Move Twice.” Homer was looking for some sugar for his coffee. He asks Hank and he gives Homer loose sugar from his pockets apologizing that it’s not in packages. Then what’s cut is Hank asking Homer if he wants some cream and Homer starts stammering and says “no.” It takes about two seconds, seriously, and they had to cut what IMHO is one of the funniest lines ever. Lucky for me I taped the show from the beginning and didn’t have to miss those moments, and then of course I bought all the DVDs as they came out. But for everyone else it’s a shame that about 2 and a half hours of material (seasons 1 through 11) were flushed down the toilet to make way for another “important message” about fabric softener or gum.

• 3 Anonymous
        29 June 2018 at 9:48 am

I’ve noticed more and more syndication cuts from my recorded episodes that didn’t used to be there, and they anger me. They trimmed down Moe’s like detector scene, dammit!

• 4 Anonymous
          29 June 2018 at 9:49 am

*lie, fucking autocorrect (tried to do it again here too)

• 5 Todd Flanders
          30 June 2018 at 12:12 am

http://simpsonsarchive.com/episodes/scg.html documents them all. When the Simpsons entered syndication in 1994 it seems like the episodes were really slap dashed edited and I noticed right away, as season 5 just finished. And they didn’t bother to time compress many of the episodes, just cut out scenes. A minuet and a half or so of footage doesn’t seem like a lot but for a show this fast paced it is. I distinctively remember, I think in the first week of syndicated episodes, seeing the episode “Marge on the Lam” when the cowboys ask Marge if she feels like getting lucky and she responds that she is lucky with a husband and three children and then it cut to the next scene. I was like, hey!, wait a second! More stuff happened here!

2. 6 Gabbo
    28 June 2018 at 8:17 pm

Holy shit, its been 2 days now!!! Is this the end, my only friend?!?!

3. 7 Dave
    28 June 2018 at 8:40 pm

Love how the poor mother looks as he runs away!

Ryan on Quote of the Day