Mar

“No way.” – Carl
“What’s the matter with you guys?” – Homer Simpson
“Homer, last year we were two and twenty-eight!” – Lenny
“Look, I know it wasn’t our best season.” – Homer Simpson
“Actually, it was.” – Lenny

1. 9 March 2019 at 9:03 am

I have a secret weapon. Sadly it’s not a laser disintegrater 😁

2. 4 Residents Fan
    9 March 2019 at 4:52 pm

I suspect everyone here has now heard about the “Leaving Neverland” doc. In response to that,
    the Simpsons producers are now withdrawing the MJ- starring “Stark Raving Dad” episode from TV and streaming:

Do you have any thoughts on this?

• 5 Ryan
      9 March 2019 at 6:22 pm

Yeah they should withdraw everything after season 8 as well

• 7 Anonymous
      10 March 2019 at 11:48 am

I’ve gone back and forth over the years on the “Was Jackson a pedo or not?” debate, but regardless of whether he was or not, I don’t blame the Simpsons staff for wanting to distance themselves from him, even though I’m sure they’re only doing so on the advice of their PR and marketing teams.

That said, it really feels like overkill at this point, and especially considering how poorly they handled the whole Apu controversy. I had a kneejerk reaction to that myself, but when I saw how shitty a number of staff members (and fans) reacted to it, not to mention that stupid clusterfuck of an episode, it made me rethink things a little.

Long story short, they look like hypocritical assholes for doing this in regards to one controversy when they basically told people to fuck off regarding a different controversy.

• 8 Anonymous
        10 March 2019 at 10:03 pm

I get what you’re going for here, but I think this controversy is fairly different from the previous one. I disagree with how they handled the Jackson stuff, but having a probable pedophile on your show is different than a stereotype character some people find offensive

• 9 Anonymous
          11 March 2019 at 10:35 am

I thought about that, and you’re right, but the cynic in me says it’s easier for them to “take a stand” in pulling a single episode where a then popular celebrity voiced a character (that wasn’t even himself, but a mental patient believing he was the celeb) than make a change to an established side character that might potentially hurt their franchise.

Mind you, I’m not really advocating for Apu to be changed (but it wouldn’t hurt any worse than the way ZS has already mangled his character) or saying they were wrong to pull this episode, but commenting on how they don’t seem to actually care about social issues, just act like they do sometimes.